Costco hearing aids. Appointment wait times?

To get a repair or cleaning from Costco in the Chicago western suburbs is less than a week. I have a KS9 and I suspect either my receiver or receiver wire is starting to act up. It quit, threw it in the dehumidifier, waited a couple more days and it worked, but a couple hours later, the static came back. Inhave an appointment to have it looked at on Saturday.

I set up another appointment to get a hearing test and see if there is another new back-up to my primary hearing aid that I like. That appointment was det three eeeks out. So to get a heariing test and try out their hearing aid is 2-3 weeks.

My wait at Costco for my hearing test was 5 days and then a week before my Philips 9040s were fitted. My Costco Hearing Center is in Royal Palm Beach, FL. I have never waited more than a week for an appointment.

Im going to push back on this being a negative. Since costco techs arenā€™t medical, referring out for conductive, asymmetry, or poor word rec is the correct thing to do for the patient.

Many non costco clinics wonā€™t even run testing to state requirements, let alone refer out when they should, because that would affect their fat commission.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to push back on this as a negative. In my experience, most doctors and practitioners are decent people who arenā€™t primarily looking to gouge people. Most doctors and practitioners do the right thing. Letā€™s not paint with a broad brush, and needlessly add to the rampant cynicism all about.

He said those are the kinds of cases for which (non-Costco) audiologists got referrals from Costco. So, this isnā€™t about medical referrals. Certain conditions like asymmetric loss do require referral to a medical doctor for evaluation, in case thereā€™s a medical condition needing treatment. But that doesnā€™t mean the patient canā€™t come back to the audiologist for hearing aids.