Costco has stopped carrying Phonak hearing aids

I have KS10 and the 2 year warranty expires in August.
The receiver cable (3rd one) has stopped working. I asked Costco mid April for a replacement and still haven’t got one.
The charger was replaced after about 2 months. The replacement intermittently does not charge the HA, but I don’t know if that is the charger or the HA.
I am wondering what will happen once the warranty runs out. Am I going to have problems getting replacement parts?

1 Like

eBay and Amazon are your friends.
Little parts like you mentioned are easily bought and replaced.

1 Like

I don’t know what country you’re from but in the US, the warranty is 3 years.
Have you returned to Costco and asked about the receiver? They are typically kept in stock and if they ran out they should be able to replenish stock pretty quickly.
My sense is that you would get better service if you were a bit more of a “squeaky wheel.” If things aren’t working as they should, be persistent and let them know. If you’re not getting satisfaction, escalate to management. As mentioned by another poster, when your warranty does run out, replacement parts should be readily available from EBay.

4 Likes

I live in Spain.
Thanks for the info. I have seen the receivers for 15€ +PP on ebay .

2 Likes

Hello.

In case you didn’t know, in Spain, we also have a 3-year warranty, use it and you won’t have any problems.

3 Likes

Thanks. I have checked the info I have and yes it was my mistake. My warranty is until August 2024. However, I will say this, I asked for a replacement receiver in April and still havent’t got it. They made excuses last month when I asked what was going on. But clearly there is a problem. I think I will buy one on ebay so at least I have a spare one. But it is ridiculous!

2 Likes

My CC audi said Phonak has started charging Costco for the receiver, whereas before they would get them at N/C as part of the contract.

File that under Chicken S.

Is Costco still replacing them for free though? Surely they are obliged to do so.

Yes, Costco still replaces them free to the customer.

Does Costco supply loaner aids when one’s own aids are being sent in for repair under warranty?

I think it depends. I’ve heard of people getting loaners. They’ve never offered them to me but I don’t really “need” them.

Yes, I had loaner HAs when my KS10s went off for service. Costco provided a pair of Jabras which were very nice. I did however have a Roger device on order so, switching sides was not an option.

when my ks9’s were in for repair, I got ks10 loaners.

Costco said they don’t have loaners at the moment and I still haven’t received the cable.

By cable, you mean a receiver?

WH

2 Likes