Costco Canada KS9 & Brio 4 - Roger?

@WestEndBob has successfully set up his KS9 aids with Roger iN.
Maybe he can chime in on this thread.

Fingers crossed. My Dad is travelling out to see me next week, so I’m hopeful we can get this sorted out.

Have you got your Dad’s hearing aids with you? You’ll need to have your Dad’s HAs next to the Select to transfer the licenses.

I’m just confused when you say your Dad is travelling to see you next week which makes me think you haven’t got the HAs with you.

2 Likes

Lol, I can see why that would be confusing :-). No, I do not have his HAs with me. Last week I travelled to see him, attempted to pair the Select and failed. I’m back home now, trying to figure it out on this forum in prep for him coming to visit me next week. So then I can try pairing again…

2 Likes

Is your Dad able to send a picture of a pack of his hearing aid batteries so you can confirm if they are the ITE aids that’ll work with the Select iN?

Size 10 batteries means they won’t work.
Size 312 batteries means they will work.

1 Like

Will do, they aren’t home at the moment. But hopefully later today they can take a photo.

1 Like

Yup… 312’s

That’s good news that it’s the 312’s.

You probably are already aware but are you trying to transfer the licenses one at a time, so have 1 x HA already turned off so it can only find 1 x HA at a time?

Hello,
I installed the licenses from the Roger X cubes, which is a different process than using an iN device I’m afraid, so I can’t offer any direct advice. I do know there is a Phonak pdf with precise instructions on how to transfer from an iN device. If you don’t have that, I can dig around and see if I can find it for you. Good luck with it, as it really is great using Roger with the KS9/Brio4 aids.
Bob

1 Like

Here is a link to a short video of the installation process:

https://www.phonakpro.com/com/en/support/product-support/wireless-accessories/roger-receivers/overview-roger-receivers.html

1 Like

Yes, I was aware… was only trying one at a time.

Thanks for the video WestEnd Bob … I’ll try again when my Dad visits a week from now.

Btw… dumb question maybe, but I could not figure out how to actually turn off the hearing aid without removing the battery. My dad didn’t know either, as all he does each night is flip open the little battery compartment to switch them off. I tried various obvious combinations like a long press and hold of the button etc, or turning the volume knob all the way down but couldn’t work it out.

Is opening the battery compartment the only way to switch these off?

Yes :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like