Costco and Resound question

Can someone explain the current situation with Resound at Costco? The Resound brand category on the website has been replaced with Jabra GN, and the only HA in the category is called the Jabra Enhance Pro. While it says available in 3 models, it doesn’t explain the differences.

I was looking to try the Preza, which I understood to be a Resound Linx Quattro, but the current website makes no reference to Preza. Does anyone know if this is still an option?

So I may have answered my own question. It appears as though the Jabra Enhance Pro is the Resound ONE?

@robertsonics1 so the jabra is the resound one 9 (the resound one has three models and this is the top of the line). The three models that costco offer (or I should say that the jabra site has) are rechargeable, and 2 battery styles. I believe one might have telecoil? Not sure though.

GN owns resound and jabra :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think these are the three styles Resound has offered in the past, at least for certain models:

1. with size 312 disposable batteries, and a single button on each aid (sometimes referred to as a “61” model),

2. with size 13 disposable batteries, and a two-position toggle switch on each aid (sometimes referred to as a “62” model), and

3. with rechargeable batteries.

… which is the only model with telecoil (also the case with LiNX², LiNX 3D and LiNX Quattro). Rechargeable and telecoil are mutually exclusive.

1 Like

Thanks for all the helpful info. I have an appointment later today at Costco.

I believe I’ve read in the DIY forum that these can be programmed with the Resound SmartFit app as if they were Resound ONEs. Can any of you confirm?

Yes. They can be programmed with the SmartFit app. I have the Jabra aids and use the SmartFit app to program them.

I didn’t know that there were 3 different aids with resound,I am not happy with my Jabra size 62 model,

I’m interested in the new Jabra Enhance PLUS model, just being introduced. I assume Costco will have it for sale before too long. Different features from the PRO model. Geared more to the upcoming “earbud” style hearing aid, with nothing mounted behind-ear. As I understand it, the ReSound name is retired, in favor of Jabra across the board.

Costco might carry it but is it supposed to be something you need a HIS for? May just be over the counter…

According to the manufacturer, they’re already available for $799. This locator has “buy now” links in the search returns:

Thanks. At certain hearing aid vendor places, I believe, but not yet at Costco.

The Jabra’s are sold at Costco’s stores now,I did buy,but,not to happy with them. I have had them now for almost 6 months and going in soon for another adjustment,hope it works better for me this next go around. I am running out of time to get my refund back!

Good luck and don’t let that date slip by!
The brand new Jabras, the Enhance PLUS, are not yet handled by Costco, altho’ most/all of Jabra’s other models are. The PLUS is mainly sold through Beltone (which Jabra owns, I read). I’m still hoping Costco will carry the PLUS eventually, as I like trading there, and it usually is significantly cheaper.

Thank you for your reply,mine are called Enhance Pro PM I have not heard about the Enhance Plus,

I like trading at Costco also,now if I can get these hearing aids to get the adjustments that work for me,I would be happy!

Good luck!! Sometimes I show up a little before their opening time, 9AM, and, if they have no one else waiting, they’ll take me with my “little problem”–sneak me into the schedule!

Good idea,go earlier ha I looked up the information on the Enhance Plus,they only have in the ear aids. not behind the ear ones. I feel with in the ear aids,my ears feels stopped up!

That’s right. It’s in the new “earbud” style. I have been wearing Bose Hearphones (no longer made) for 2 years and love them. They are ‘all in the ear’ (with wires to a plastic collar) but I find that the soft silicone ear pieces are extremely comfortable, and I do not feel stopped up, but much the reverse. I much prefer them to my old ‘ear molds’ which were stuffy, for sure. I’ve never worn the newer, tiny, RIC style that is dominant now. I love having nothing behind my ear.