Connexx 8.5.1

Just for information, I just updated the Connexx to 8.5.1. I have Signia Pure 13 NX and the software updated my firmware for the second time using the wireless Noahlink Wireless. This was an improvement for the new StreamLine MIC and maybe some other things. One thing you have to do is unpair every Bluetooth (Aids and Mic) in the Connexx software and then repair everything. Mic pairs with both the phone and the aids

So far so good.

1 Like

I have Rexton (KS7’s) and ran the update manager and it updated itself but no Connexx update. Still 8.4.6.560.

Generally, you should right-button click the software Updater in your sys-tray portion of the Windows taskbar to explore your Updater options and preference settings.

Generally, I don’t like to leave things running. Particularly things that go out to the internet all on their lonesome. If I’m in some programs all the time (like this here Firefox which I could also turn off) then fine.
But yes, I’m aware that there’s an updater program that can stay running. It has settings even then for checking but again I shut it off after a reboot. Why leave it running if it’s still not checking? No point in wasting the RAM and processing.
Thanks pvc.

My Rexton Connexx is also on 8.4.6.560, but Signia is 8.5

1 Like

I am not sure how it decides what to upgrade, but I do not have the Rexton database, just the Signia one. Maybe it sees that. So, I do not see Rexton nor Kirkland HA’s. I wonder if more than one database can be supported in Connnexx.

I do know the updates were to support the Streamline MIC and to allow firmware updates using Noahlink Wireless. This was necessary because of the new rechargeable batteries with no contacts for wired connection.

Scroll down to the Connexx: paragraph in the lower section of;
How to find Fitting Software to Program Your Hearing Aids [DIY]

I currently have strange behaviour of my Connect update manager.
It does not want to give me version 8.5.1 … it still says 8.5.0 would be up to date.
In the meantime i manually installed 8.5.1, but even though that really runs ok and reports to be 8.5.1
the update manager still says it would be 8.5.0 and would be up to date.

Anybody else with this behaviour?

Thanks,
Frank

That’s normal behavior. It is simply showing you which updates were installed. In my case the last installed update was (Update Manager 18.5.1). Click the image to see a larger version. You can also turn that on/off in the settings. btw> I added 8.5.1 to;
How to find Fitting Software to Program Your Hearing Aids [DIY].

Thanks for the clarification. This explains why the update manager still shows 8.5.0.
But I thought the update
manager would always give me the really latest
Version.
So, you currently won’t get 8.5.1 even though it’s
not really a new major version through updates?

You said you installed 8.5.1 via download, not with the update manager. That would make your Connexx version = 8.5.1 but you update manager would still point to whatever updates it loaded last. You need to decouple Connexx-Up-to-date and Update-Manager-Last-update.

In my case (Update Manager 18.5.1) was the last Update Manager event. But outside of the Update manager I installed Connexx8.5.1 so my Update Manager has no recollection about Connexx being updated. It only remembers updating itself.

Ok, i see. But what i wonder why one does not get 8.5.1 currently via the update-manager.

Is there any reason or would it just have needed a few more days to wait until 8.5.1 would
have been distributed via the update-manager?
Or are there always some versions the update-manager does not provide?

Where did it say you only had version 8.5?
Was it here at Connexx 8 / Help / Info about Connexx?

Capture

Yes, and in the info splash window on every startup of connexx.

Oh, then I dunno why it didn’t go get 8.5.1 for you?

My splash screen is the same as @pvc’s

Maybe the Update Manager is working as intended, here’s why;

It was a minor release. If I were a software manager I would not want to push a minor release out to the entire community. That way if the minor release happened to have a software bug, it could be contained and fixed before the entire community was affected.

So I think that the Update Manager is likely intentionally setup to not automatically download and install each minor release.

@pvc, when you are in Connexx 8 software and have made changes: when you click “save” is it saved locally on your hard drive or is it being saved in a central database at Connexx? Is this what would be visible when I go back to Costco? I did notice, even though I hadn’t entered an audiogram, it showed me the one I had done at Costco.

I know you addressed this to pvc, and maybe you don’t want to hear from me :slight_smile: , but when you save, it saves locally. As for your audiogram, maybe it saves in the aids as some do. I seem to recall that the KS7 did not.

Thanks for the response. I am starting to make a lot of changes. Do you know if when I try to restore, it gives me a choice of the original setting that I saved, or only the latest.