Connexx 8.4 PrObLeMs

I updated from 8.0 on one pc and 8.2 on another. Now my devices (minipro and connexx link) will not connect. “ConnexxLink not found” when my instrument itself indicates they are communicating. Also when choosing a client or fitting, session will not load. “fitting session cannot be loaded…” The 8.2 update recognises aids with minipro, but says “they are not supported”. Wireless says “device not found” The 8.0 update accepts NEITHER clients or devices.
Feeling like newer software does more but tried multiple time to get working (update , install, back with Restore" and no joy.
Thanks for any help
Greg
ps got great deals on both programmers and work great except on Connexx 8.4

I’m on 8.4/Rexfit on W10 with a minipro and it sees my KS7’s fine. I think I started with 8.2. Although I think I actually finally connected to them with 8.4. Are you sure you got the right fitting database?

As an aside…I’m curious why you went to the trouble of typing the mixed case word in your title.

I think that might be one error prompt that came up. Not sure what was meant by right data base. Everything worked before, never loaded any data base. It saw I had Signia aids. But neither could load my clients (just me), or recognize my devices.
the mixed case was just for effect, attention, etc, nothing really
Thanks for your help
Greg

I think I am beginning to understand  about the data base on the one pc with the 8.2 update. I did not have that problem before, and as I said all was working fine before update. 

So where or how do I find this ‘separate’ data base? Don’t really know what I am looking for. However I don’t see how this prevents me from loading in client list or not finding my minipro or Connexxlink.
Thanks
Greg

Regarding the databases: There are two main ones: Sifit for Siemens/Signia hearing aids and Rexfit for Rexton hearing aids. There are links to both once you click on PVC’s avatar and click on how to program link.

Here is a link to a similar case.

Also if you don’t want a scrollable text box then don’t put four spaces in front of your text.

But if you do want a scrollable text box then DO put four spaces in front of your text, Like this, more stuff to scroll, more stuff to scroll, more stuff to scroll, more stuff to scroll, more stuff to scroll.

Now says"I need signia database" and client still working. I dnld complete connexx 8.3 zip file (not update) from PVC link with the seimens data base. Sorry for being so dense . Only 8.2 working.
Greg

edit, I actually did dnld right file

If you downloaded “connexx 8.3” then you downloaded the RexFit database not the SiFit database which is four lines further down listed as;
Siemens/Signia Connexx8.4.2/SiFit8.4.263 for newer/current

Also, did you scroll further down and read the Connexx paragraph/section?

I have been doing so much reading and searching , I goofed again…Trying to dnld the Right link this time but keeps timimg out, like link not working, or just busy maybe.Thanks for your help PVC
I did read the Connexx paragraph a few times, but was concentrating on the SiFit at end and missed the Rex at beginning.

The Connexx 8.4 link works fine for me, no timeout? It’s the one that looks like this;
Siemens/Signia Connexx8.4.2/SiFit8.4.263

The Connexx 8.3 that you downloaded had Rex at the beginning and Rex at the end, like this;
Rexton Connexx8.3.2/RexFit8.350 for newer/current

under " How to find fitting software…" the SiemensSignia Con 8.4…link…I have the right link, still time outs everytimefor me, tried 10 times today, . Actually timing out on several of the links for some reason, others no problem. My pc is working fine elsewhere.
Also wondering, why everything wouldn’t be complete and working when running Update from my working 8.2, It has been dnlding 18.3.5 dnld manager and another 8.2 update. I run another update after all that and get to the 8.4 dnld which doesn’t work right after install, hence my problem.

Let me get this straight;

1. You are downloading a Download-Manager version 18.3.5?
  2. You are also downloading a Connexx Update for your currently installed Connexx 8.2?

After the above Download files were installed

1. Connexx version (???) doesn’t work?

Unrelated to the above update process;

1. You cannot download any fitting software links, they time out
  2. Others, no problem? Other what?
  3. You pc is working fine elsewhere (Do you mean other web browsing, or other downloading other large files?

Of all these problems let’s pick one problem to start with. How about why you cannot download a large file when everyone else can download these files. Which browser are you using? Which OS, Windows 10?

I just did a new install of the Rexton package on a W10 tablet. 8.2 seems to be in the filename. All updates were successfully installed via update manager. It’s now at 8.4.
miniPro connected perfectly fine without any install disk. I switched to com2. Some other time I’ll see if it works with the HA’s.
I exported data from my main computer and imported to the tablet as well.
I know this doesn’t help you in your case. But it “should” work. You’re in good hands with pvc. He’ll get you sorted. There are clever people all over this forum who might pipe in with other thoughts too.
And my speedtest came to about 30. 66!! Yikes!

Thanks for your help PVC
First1.from current 8.2 dnld manager finds updates to the next steps after 8.2 and before 8.4 and 3 other files(shsfit, dnld manger(18.3.5 ??) and something else all part of the 1 update
First 2. I click on find update while in my current 8.2. see 1. above

after files installed I was at connexx 8.3 which did not accept my client{my sessions} data and said I needed the signia data base.
another time went to 8.4 which did not accept my sessions, did not find my minipro or connexxlink
have done a lot of Restore operations.

1. Dnld box opens immediately on first 3 links under"popular Fitting Software" Rexton… thru Siemens links (next 4 after Resound) all time out. I know , I only want the 1 Siemens 8.4 but was troubleshooting
    2.when I am able to use my 8.2 update manager to successfully install 8.4 , but it does not work (see after first 2 above)
  2. win10, 64 bits working perfect everywhere else, dnlding large files using Firefox

Just tried on my other pc and 8.4 from PVC is dnlding, so something on my desktop pc not right, so we can forget all this till I can see if this 8.4 will work. Sorry for the trouble guys

Sheesh. What a hassle! Can you at least get back to something working and start again? Or be able to pull your data out and then scrub everything to do with Connexx and re-install?
Did you have either of your programmers connected when you did either update?

Looking back at your posts I see a little confusion along with the fact of your multiple configurations. Focus on one machine at a time and write about it. Combining everything into a jumble of a post gets very confusing for this brain.
It sorta seems to me that your “8.2” machine is closest to somewhere.

On both computers do you try either minipro or connexxlink and both computers won’t connect to either?

If you have restored to something working then maybe export out your data and scrub everything to do with Connexx and start again from scratch. Then import your data and hopefully it’ll get over itself with any version issues. But it might not. That’s a conundrum. Can you start over again with programming? Do you know what all you did to get your HA’s working?

It all began with trying to get latest update.With 8.2 everything works perfect on both pc’s. Speedtest was 52 mbps

Ok then. A working starting point.
So let me get this straight…you tried to use the built-in updater to update on both machines?
Or did you try to download and install the install file over top?

Edit: And I thought you said one was 8.0.
And while I’m here…why are you running two pc’s to do this especially when they aren’t “sync’ed” similarly? I should think they should at least be the same version.

Tried built in and new install.
Just dnld and ran file from PVC ,“how to find Fitting…” on the laptop that would dnld file, still no joy. I think I dnlded the right file the first time , just told yall wrong name. Anyway, still “the fitting session you have selected cannot be loaded…” and “ConnexxLink not found” Even changed com ports. Same with minipro except when I changed com port to 1 it linked up,BUT said “the detected hearing instrument not supported” mind you these are my working on 8.0 and 8.2 siemens primax7 . It even sees they are “signia instruments connected and to restart Connexx8…”
Just getting setup so 2 pc’s no problem, (desktop and laptop) will sync when things going smoothly. And yes the desktop is 8.0 and lap 8.2 both working fine. No 8.4 on either looks like.

Until you might be willing to wipe all existence of Connexx off your computer, I think I would stick with doing the updates only and not full installs. That way it knows you have the working fitting database. But with all your various iterations even your still-able-to-work installs may be confused now.

Make sure to do an export of your clients/sessions in the meantime while things are working.

Edit: I know this is of no help to the OP but yes the HA’s worked with everything on the tablet and the imported export file. A little pokey but they worked.