Connecting Apple Watch Cellular to KS10

And my brief experience with an A2DP transmitter indicated that the KS10’s don’t use that. It’s why I settled on the TV Connector due to experiencing out of sync audio.
Using an A2DP receiver (with wired headphones) had no delay.
Update: My apologies. Aptx.
Thanks @WhiteHat.

1 Like

From this very interesting website: Hearing Tracker KS-10

Bluetooth® Audio Protocol * Bluetooth® (A2DP)
Hands-Free Calling Protocol. * Bluetooth® (HFP)

Looks like it is there, to me. The KS-10 is pretty close in functionality to my P90R HAs, and I use A2DP every day. I use HFP often also, maybe not every day. But that is how I do 99% of my phone calls now. I stream a lot of podcasts via A2DP.

WH

HFP isn’t in the apple watch, as I understand it

That is true for earlier versions of Apple Watch. Not true for at least the last 4 or so years. I made calls from my p90r HAs through my son’s older Apple Watch while he was at Army basic and AIT and couldn’t have such toys. He has his Watch back and I like it enough I bought myself one, but have not bt connected it to my HAs. But I know it works. Works with AirPods, too.

WH

Just to clarify… you’re saying you could leave your phone at home, dial a number from your cellular Apple Watch, and have the audio from the call play through your hearing aids?

My phone could be off and the call would go through the HAs. I always have my phone, though. And I turn the notifications off so I’m not hearing them in my HAs.

WH

In watch os 8 you can classify non MFI Bluetooth devices. This may or may not help (can’t try it as I returned my Phonak aids and have More 1 MFI aids).

Go into Bluetooth on the watch.

Click i by device

Set type to hearing aid.

Supposedly this helps with sound level, notifications etc. Apple is silent re phone calls.

Anybody know if the new Apple Watch 8 has the protocols that allow it to do two way phone calls with the KS10?