Connectiing Phonak Marvel to roger touchscreen mic?

Like many others I really struggle to gain much benefit from my Phonak Marvel 70s in a noisy restaurant setting. I have been offered a Phonak Roger Touchscreen mic for a very good price. They do not connect as is , can they connect with additional hardware or software ?

You need 2 x Roger X receivers with appropriate serial numbers to install the license from the receiver in to your Aids. Must be type 02 receivers to work with touchscreen.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Thanks Zebras. I had actually read this explanation previously but found it so ridiculous that I thought I had misunderstood it.
So Sonova/Phonak force me to purchase physical “receivers” for which I have no need just to obtain “codes” to activate a function that is already installed in my Marvel aids?

2 Likes

It is a means to make you pay for a license to use their technology. So, yes, you got it. I’ve been involved with the software industry for years, and used codes to unlock features in the software, so you can think of it that way if you like. They like your money in their pocket.

I have a Roger On mic and love it. But the total cost is crazy.

WH

2 Likes

Yes. Other people have to have a receiver attached.

Just lucky with Phonak that you don’t need to wear ‘extra equipment’.

1 Like

Sighhhh!
I simply can’t afford to pay the ransom
So the only real difference between Phonak and the criminal ransomware writers is that Phonak do not insist on payment in Bitcoin.

Are there any other options. Why are receivers on eBay almost always singular? Can I use just one receiver? I recall seeing some mention of neckloops having receivers? I see I need serial numbers above 1744 so what is the format of the serial numbers. Sorry for all the questions but Phonak do not exactly make this necessary info at all clear, When I started I thought receivers were the little bit on the Marvel 70 HAs that went in my ear.

1 Like

Yeah WH, Phonak/Sonova make exceptionally good hearing aids, and probably lead the field by some considerable margin, with their ALD’s (Assistive Listening Devices)… Especially, with Roger Devices… The Roger Touchscreen is an excellent piece of kit (I have one) it comes under the umbrella of (Educational) and anything “Educational “ with Phonak/Sonova, carries another hefty premium price! Modern day “Highwaymen” comes too mind, profiteering because they can, they have no viable competitors, and as such they will screw every last cent out of folks with a disability, whom have no other alternative, but pay their exorbitant prices… That being said, there are viable purchasing alternatives, if you shop around the second hand market, eBay is your friend, if you are patient, and willing to wait for the right price, the one that suits your pocket… I buy all my Roger ALD’s second hand, Roger X receivers Type (2) or Type (3) are also available on eBay. And as @Zebras rightly stated, it is imperative they have a serial number above 1744…So ask before you buy! Good Luck, in obtaining some @blackback… Cheers Kev :wink:

Yes. It’ll go to one hearing aid only.

NeckLoop is an option if your hearing aids have telecoil and is a type 02 Roger myLink or Neckloop. Serial doesn’t matter.

1 Like

Thanks people I now know what I need to look out for.

1 Like

Just to clarify:
To use a Roger touchscreen mic, your two Roger X’s will have to be Type 2.

Your HA’s will have to have the Telecoil option for the Roger Neckloop to work.

Peter H.