Connecting ComPilot II to laptop via Bluetooth

i have Compilot II which i am using for streaming all Video / phone calls from my Mobile over Bluetooth technology

However i tried connecting ComPilot II using Laptop via Bluetooth. though Bluetooth is enabled in laptop but still i cant see ComPilot II as device for pairing. i guess it may require some additional sofrware or device ?

Any advice on this please.

No, your laptop should recognise it, and it should pair. Make sure you have switched off bluetooth on your mobile and any nearby devices before trying to pair.

Thank you Glucas… it really helped…bluetooth was off but i didnt unpair it… After unpairing the device from mobile… i was able to connect on laptop.

1 Like

Hmm… interesting. But I can be paired to both… so I am not sure why you needed to unpair - you just needed not to be connected to another device during the pairing process. Anyway - it’s one to watch out for… be aware when you are trying to pair to other devices that you are not necessarily connected to anything first !

1 Like

On the Compilot 2 I think you can pair to 8 devices and connect to 2 phones and one other device.

If you are going to use the laptop for calls you may have to use the laptop microphone. Or you can get a Sennheiser BTD500 (or BTD800) Bluetooth dongle, and it has the drivers to go full headset protocol.

1 Like

hi don, i think its not possible… if i am connected to this device from laptop, simulatenously i cant pair this even with mobile. unless, i am disconnect it from laptop/unpair it and then pair it to mobile

Don is right. My ComPilot II is connected to my laptop and my smartphone at the same time. I can watch videos on the laptop. As soon as there is an incoming call on the smartphone ComPilot stops playback of the video and switches to the audio from the smartphone - I don’t press any button to achieve this.
When my wireless landline phone (the 3rd Bluetooth device) rings it looks like it sends an invite to ComPilot and connects instantly although ComPilot already had 2 bluetooth connection running - the connection to the laptop is then dropped but the connection to the smartphone is still alive.

1 Like

Thanks Don, Dani & Glucas . I am able to troubleshoot this and able to use multiple devices now…