Compilot (1) hard reset

Is there a proper hard reset for the Compilot? The one in the manual keeps the pairing and remote grouping information, and that’s the exact thing I’m trying to clear out! I want to reset it to factory, just as you’d get it out of the box, open streaming, no remote functions. Is there a way to do that?

You’ll have to take the unit to your hearing professional who can reset it to factory settings using the fitting software.

I had a nasty feeling you might say that. That just doubled in price, then. I only bought it because it says it works straight out of the box for streaming… which is true when it’s new, but if it’s ever been paired it turns out that’s not true any more. Semantics. :frowning:

Huh? If you bought it used simply pair your devices.

Turns out you can’t if the Compilot has every been set as a remote to another pair of aids, or if they didn’t tick the “user with any hearing aids” box in streamer only setup.

Nevertheless, I realised yesterday that I’m an idiot. I have Target. The Compilot plugs with a USB. I plugged it in, set it for streaming only, stream to any hearing aids, bingo - sound. I think because I don’t have the other leads for hearing aids it didn’t occur to me I could fix it.

Hi, I have the same problem and was wondering just what steps you went through to set the compilot for streaming only using a PC - USB connection. I’ve connected the Compilot to my windows 10 pc and can’t spot how to do it…Thanks
Simon

You need the Phonak Target software to do this.

Ah, thanks for that. Having done a quick bit of digging on that front it looks as though it’s not readily available.
Simon

Can you visit your audiologist? If not, you can buy the software on eBay.

I bought the compilot second hand so my audiologist may not be helpful. I took a look for the software on ebay but found none available. There is a thread on this forum for Target and I’ve PM the last requester which I hope will result in a link to the software package.
Simon

did you solve it yourself? if yes how? I need to connect another compilot to my hearing aids

did you solve it yourself? if yes how? I need to connect another compilot to my hearing aids

Only way to solve it is to Factory Reset the ComPilot.

Software can be asked on here and you only need a cable.

Obviously for it to work as a remote, you need your HA settings linked to it as well.

1 Like