Cleaning wax guard?

Does anyone do this? What is a solvent you can use to soak the guard in & dissolve the wax?

I have compressed air to blow it off if the wax can be dissolved.

I would like to save a few of these for emergencies.

:slight_smile:

just buy an extra pack… while you are at it buy a pack of PowerOne batteries and a couple of domes… put them aside and only use if you really need them.

Anyone know a solvent? Brake cleaner?

I would not attempt cleaning them. I have dozens of various types laying around. They’ve accumulated over the years and are cheap. What kind do you use?

I am getting some from the audi, they would be Oticon brand I would assume.

I don’t know why you could not just dissolve the wax that plugs it up with some solvent. Seems so easy to me, even if they don’t cost much.

I guess hot water would do it. I just assumed someone would have figured it out already.

Yeah, if someone changes them regularly then cleaning would be a good thought. I don’t have much of a problem with earwax and can count on one hand the number of times I’ve changed mine over the years.

Seems like every time I’ve gotten a new earmold or hearing aid I end up with a package of wax guards. I believe a lifetime supply is sitting on my shelf tight now.

Well I clogged one in less than 2 months, so that’s why I’m asking about cleaning.

I just don’t have that “throw it away” gene, I have the “try and repair it” gene.

— Updated —

Well I clogged one in less than 2 months, so that’s why I’m asking about cleaning.

I just don’t have that “throw it away” gene, I have the “try and repair it” gene.