Cleaning wax from hearing aids

Could be! I’ve never tried it, so I can’t say. For me, the consumer model does the trick with no problems. I brought it into my audi for instruction and he was highly impressed with it’s power. he said that it did everything their in-house device did. BUT: they may just have been tired of seeing me every two weeks!

Thanks @SpudGunner @jeffrey and @Psych1 for your replies.
I think my waxfilters are doing there work fine but they do take away some sound if they are not clean enough. And that is when I wonder sometimes do I hear less at the moment… are they obstructed…

So to be sure for me it is important to know that they are clean. I also brush my teeth twice a day to know for sure they are clean and do not bother the costs or workaround.

As the particles are small I think you have to avoid granules get into the receiver and every particle which gets in will not come out anymore so one time the invisible deep part will be obstructed also. So suction could help to avoid this.

The SpinStation Earwax Removal System I found on the Internet works with a kind of centrifugal technique which will do, I can imagine, for the receiver but what about the microphones which are placed in the wrong direction in case of using ITC HA’s. That worries me a bit are they getting filled instead of emptied and so maybe I rather should go for the vacuum cleaner technik which @jim_lewis describes in depth on this topic here.

How actually are the HA’s and especially the ITC’s cleaned if you send them in for service… does anybody know?

I had so much wax that I sometimes needed to change the filters in my molds every day. My audiologist suggested getting an ear bulb and squirting warm water into the canals daily. I do that every night before going to sleep, and now the filters, which are completely exposed at the tip of the mold, hardly ever pick up anything.

1 Like

A pity I do not live in the USA as I found this auction for 4 times a professional kit costing about €1.000 each normally now for only about 500 the whole set! (4 - MedRX Hearing Aid Vacuum/Drying Units (Appear to be New))
https://www.allsurplus.com/asset/7201/7265
Any one interested LOL

Thanks for the idea. Now it calms me down a bit as I regularly wash/ clean my inner ears with a big syringe and warm water when I am taking a shower. Was wondering if this could be bad.

I bought my syringe Dec. 29th of last year, so I’ve been doing it for almost a year. No problems whatsoever, with my ears and my tap water.

Yeah, this is a major NO GO for me. My inner ears were reconstructed as child and using a syringe to squirt water would send the jet directly into my middle and inner ear. So instead I have to have a debridement performed three times a year (office wax removal by doctor.) BUT most folks don’t have this issue. Good to know if you do! Maybe email your ENT and ask her or his advice.

Sounds good. But don’t let @jeffrey get jalous :shushing_face: