Categorical Loudness Scaling (CPC)

Hi:

I am 52. And I have been wearing headphones for 6 years.

At this time, I have a pair of Unitron Moxifit Pro.

They work ok (much better that my former Siemens). They have an adaptive program with several ambients called SoundNav.

Anyway they are not perfect. I have problems when hearing my students (I teach Computing in a Spanish University) in bad sonority rooms.

My Audi (I think they works very well) have just talked me a new way of adjusting hearing aids called CPC:

Categorical Loudness Scaling

Does anyone used this method?

Regards

jpeinado

0 Likes

It sounds like an interesting concept. My thoughts would be to explore the different prescription formulas used for hearing correct targets. They vary in the frequency range they focus on, and the dynamic range compression used. Some may be more suitable than others for your situation. One feature that you may have on your current HA’s or future ones is a program for environments where they may be a significant degree of reverberation or echo. Signia/Rexton/Costco have a feature called Reverb Reducer or EchoShield. That may help with your situation.

0 Likes

In two weeks, I am going to test this.

It is very strange for me that in last years there are much improvements in hearing aid technology but not in fitting technology.

Regards

jpeinado

0 Likes