Cartilage Conduction

Hi all. Has anyone heard of the study in Japan on Cartilage Conduction? I have always had difficulty with conventional aids placed in the canal and in contact with the cartilage. For me the Lyric which goes deep in the ear beyond the cartilage and into the bony part of the canal gave far better results but unfortunately due to fluid build-up I could not continue with them. With conventional aids using a soft dome I need them fitted as deeply as possible but even then the slightest head movement or contact with the wire from the device to the dome produces a noise like tapping or rubbing a PA microphone. So I began to think that the cartilage was conducting these sounds to the inner ear. I did a Google search for the term “Cartilage Conduction” and found this. Cartilage conduction - Wikipedia. So to continue, I have an old pair of bone conduction headphones which provide no amplification or sound changes. Used a bone conduction devices they were of almost no use but inspired by the Japanese research I hooked them up to my PC and while holding them lightly against the cartilage, just at the canal entrance I was amazed at the clarity of the sound. Took phone calls, listened to Frank Sinatra and to the BeeGees to confirm that the frequency range was good. Out of contact with the body there is zero sound so this is not air conduction and for me it far exceeds bone conduction which will only give low frequency response when the ear is plugged. The Japanese researchers have been working with Rion Hearing and they have produced a prototype hearing aid but sadly they are not interested in the international market at this time. Now I have seen the “holy grail” but unless I conjure up my own device it is out of reach.