CaptionCall

I got CaptionCall and got it installed wireless at home. I tried to calls to places that are closed now for voice recordings, but the captioning wasn’t that great and had errors. It may be clear with a real live person. I am not sure. Sometimes I don’t even see any captioning. I am not sure if they can caption or not. At one point the phone wasn’t sensing the handset in the cradle properly so you hear the phone tone until I unplugged it.

I am not real sure this will be good for work. I don’t use the phone at work as I am not sure I will be able to hear or read captioning properly. I worry that not using the phone is limiting my job options in the medical field. I also have anxiety about my co-workers listening in the conversation, which is sort of normal as you can hear them talk. It’s an open area, so I can’t go into a private room.

I have CaptionCall at home as our land phone. You have to have high speed internet for it to work.

I’ve found their customer service is great and they will send a representative out to help with your problem. Or, they will help you through it. They are very willing to help.

I’ve had problems with voices and sound. They said to pull the plug for 3 min then plug in again. It restarted great. But it may be your internet service.?? Please call or e-mail them, they will help you.

I gave up on it. The delay made conversation very difficult and I usually had to explain to the caller the reason there was always a delay before I responded. Otherwise the caller would get fed up and hang up. But I also liked when the caption read, could not understand what the caller said. Well me either

Oh, so that means it sucks. I don’t really use it and now that it is on Android, I will most likely send it back. The only thing I don’t like is that they give you a new phone number when using Android rather than use your own cell phone number using the actual phone at home. It sucks.

I just installed Innocaptions on my cell phone. I like it. You have the choice of using a third party for your captions or use ASR. I use the ASR. I find it quick and accurate.
I haven’t used it too much because I found that my sound from my phone is really terrible. I can barely hear the speaker. I like using the captions along with the audio. I never used the phone for calls in the past because I couldn’t hear on the phone. My hubby made all the phone calls for me. I’m hoping this works for me. I would like to be able to make my own phone calls. Also the other thing I liked about Innocaptions, is it has call forwarding, so you do not need to change your number to receive calls. Just set up call forwarding and anyone that calls your regular number automatically gets forwarded to Innocaption. Check out their website.
Someone else on this forum mentioned Innocaptions. That’s how I found it.
BTW, anyone know of a android phone that has really loud sound.
Hope this works for you.
Laura

I have caption call at work and it’s useless and I have high speed internet, still can’t keep up. I was hoping the phone quality would be better and I would be able to understand the caller but that’s not the case. Quality of the phone seems good but speakers are not clear enough for me.

Call forward? I have to check that out. I’ll check Innocaption. What is ASR?

It is a reason why I say I cannot use the phone or steer clear of phone jobs and a few have wondered if there are technologies, but I don’t see any that really works. I do not want to put up with captioning frustrations.

Automated Speech Recognition.
Innocaptions works well for me. You could always try it. If you do not like it,
uninstall it.
Hope this helps

2 Likes

Well, my cell phone carrier does not have call forwarding. I contacted them because I could not find it in the settings to do so. So I will just have to use the phone given, so I can take advantage of it and the voicemail. I like that they give you the option of ASR or a real stenographer. I didn’t know what ASR meant. I don’t feel I need the actual physical phone of CaptionCall at home, so I am going to call them to pick it up. It uses bluetooth and drains it if left on all day. Most of my phone call happens when I am away from home anyway.