Canadian pharmacy for usa resident?

Wasn’t sure what forum to put this on. Mod move it if you wish.

I recently went on Medicare w/ a good supplement but, there are a couple of drugs that are not covered whatsoever. The full retail cash prices are stupidly expensive (separate thread please on why this is). Do you actually use a Canadian pharmacy that you would recommend? Please do not post “I heard of one …” stuff. Just if you really actually use one that is legit. Thanks. This is not for my ha’s.

:slight_smile:

Yes, I have used Canadian Pharmacies to great advantage for certain drugs. Some things you may need to do…
Get an Rx for a very large dose. I get one Rx with 320mg capsules and pill-cut then into four pieces. Get a written Rx from your Doctor, Scan it to a PDF file, send the PDF picture to the Pharmacy. Some take credit cards, some don’t. One let me write a USA bank check, Scan it to a PDF file, send the PDF picture to the Pharmacy. Heck, that was easy! <<- Not very secure to pay this way but I had done prior business by mailing them a check so it seems like the same thing.

Use PharmacyChecker.com to search for your drug and then sort by lowest price in order to point you to the lowest priced Canadian Pharmacy.

None of this is exact science and it only works for a few (expensive/tier4-like) drugs otherwise you are better sticking with the USA insurance price.

and the Pharmacies I used…

globalcarerx.com

One had what I consider a major security flaw if you pay by check. Talking with them about a new order after some time went by they asked if I wanted to pay with the checking information that was on file in their system? What?? They were storing an image of my check with the ABA routing number and the account number. That happens to be the two numbers needed to drain your banking account :eek:

They deleted this image per my request.

People still pay by check?

I’ve used healhwarehouse.com for generics and they’re quite competitive in many cases.

Yeah :slight_smile: I think these are Mom and Pop operations behind the website. One accepted American Express only, or check.

Typo? I think you mean healthwarehouse.com. They are in the USA, not a Canadian pharmacy. We can already get the usual generics at low cost through supplement insurance. I don’t think you will get much savings on tier-4 drugs from a USA pharmacy. Check the price on generics for these drugs for example (Diovan, Actonel).

When you buy from a Canadian pharmacy the drugs may be shipped from (Canada, India, New Zealand) or other places that are approved by the regulatory bodies from their respective countries.

This is not for everyone! But if you take your new Rx to a local pharmacy and they want $400-$500 for a 90-day supply then you might look at this. You will need to be okay with a drug manufactured in a country other than USA, and likely other than Canada too. Ask where the drug will be shipped from.

Repeat, Use PharmacyChecker.com to search for your drug and then sort by lowest price in order to point you to the lowest priced Canadian Pharmacy.

A majority of the drugs bought from Canada will come from India… Wife who is a long retired nurse doesn’t see a problem using them. YMMV.