Can someone please explain how voices work?

Here is a site that gets into the phonics of it all. 4 different short tables of the pronunciation development of children. It is really much simpler than that. If you go thru and say the examples and read the description. At some point the issues will become appearant. You can almost see all the accents in the country. Notice what you are doing with your lips and tongue and when you are actually using your vocal cords. Try to shout a voiceless consonant. I play soccer with a German guy named Deter. For a good 2 years I called him Peter. If I had only glanced at someones lips I would have seen my mistake.
http://www.speech-language-therapy.com/Table2.htm

Here is a site that gets into the phonics of it all. 4 different short tables of the pronunciation development of children. It is really much simpler than that. If you go thru and say the examples and read the description. At some point the issues will become appearant. You can almost see all the accents in the country.

I starting to like this forum. Now if Tiger Woods can say out of trouble maybe I will get some work done.