Can I get an Analog BAHA (Entific BAHA Compact) repaired?

analog
hearing-aids

I have a Cochlear digital BAHA which I don’t really like but I have to put up with it because my audiologist says that my old analogue model is no longer reparable by the manufacturer. The old analogue one was an Entific BAHA Compact. I know Cochlear bought out Entific, and I guess they are trying to push us all towards digitals, but I prefer the sound of the Compact and would like to have it as a backup.

Seems crazy to me that it can’t be repaired. Does anyone know where I could try to get this analog BAHA repaired? I’m in the UK.

Ta,

Dogbertd

0 Likes

When Entific used to work out of Sweden, I used to spec their mics for them. The units would invariably die as the transducer shook itself to bits. Unfortunately the drive transducer was their own work.

I’m guessing that although the current product was taken across in the Cochlear buyout, there was no incentive to retain the legacy parts - especially if they produced their own drive unit. So you’re relatively unlikely to find an answer unless there was a provision for legacy repair within the NHS or another distribution chain.

— Updated —

When Entific used to work out of Sweden, I used to spec their mics for them. The units would invariably die as the transducer shook itself to bits. Unfortunately the drive transducer was their own work.

I’m guessing that although the current product was taken across in the Cochlear buyout, there was no incentive to retain the legacy parts - especially if they produced their own drive unit. So you’re relatively unlikely to find an answer unless there was a provision for legacy repair within the NHS or another distribution chain.

0 Likes

Thanks. I suspected as much when my Audiologist said I couldn’t get the Classic repaired. I just wondered if there were any enterprising companies out there that might be into tearing down and repairing a BAHA.

Stuck with digitals, then… sigh.

0 Likes