Can I connect Phonak Marvel to multiple Roger Select iN microphones?

I and another person attend a weekly meeting where everybody is spread out around the room. We both use Marvels and each of us has a inSelect. Is it possible to pair my aids to both of the Select at the same time.

No expert, but I think if you pair two both selects, one of them can be used clipped to or hanging around a person’s neck. They both can’t be used on the table. Takes table mics for that. I’d suggest confirming with somebody who really knows how they work.

I have tried with pen and select, I can’t connect to both at the same time.

HA can be connected only to one mic at a time / receive the sound. I think I even read that somewhere.

So bunch of HAs can be connected to one mic, but HA has only one receiver so, only connected to one mic.
At least for non edu receivers. Don’t know how edu receiver behaves, forgot.

For adult receivers, in order to receive signal from several mics, mics have to be connected together. The one you connect to aids is primary, in case of select it will behave as table one, while all others will go in lapel / hanging mode.

Same if you do pen first, select next will only be lapel mode. Automatically switch to it, you cannot change it.

So @HolmesHunter you wanted several table mics, select won’t do that, intentionally (to sell table mics). :frowning:

2 x Select’s can be used in a network. You connect 1 x Select to the Marvels and then you can connect the other Select to the other Select by pressing the connect button.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I said above.

Point - HAs can only be connected to one mic directly.
Point - to access sounds from other mics they have to be in a network (that way your main mic gather signal and sends it to your HA)
Point- from all selects in network, only first one will be in table mode, others will be lapel mics.
If your first one is pen, all selects afterwards will be lapel.

So if intention was to have 2x select in table mode, that won’t happen.

Also all HAs can only connect to the same mic as primary afaik. Eg it’s not HA that creates network but mic you select as primary (the one you connected with aids last).

This is my conclusion about how they behave but I didn’t test that yet.

This network is pretty rudimentary and limited. And it’s not network, it’s a hub, all mics to one mic, that mic to HAs.

@Blacky, I agree with you in all three points.

@HolmesHunter, I wonder if I have the solution, but I suggest you to try this:

You connect your one aid to your own inSelect, and the other one to your friend’s. So does your friend.

In this way, both inSelects stay in table (conference) mode. You will hear people near you via yours to one ear, and people far from you via your friend’s to the other ear. So does your friend.

I couldn’t have tested this method by myself because I only have only select. But it works wonderfully during my imaginary test (dream).

I hope you try this method at your next meeting. I would appreciate it if you would report back to this thread if it works or not. I may plan to add another Select in the future, depending on the result.

Good Luck!!!

1 Like

This should work, but only if before that HAs are separated. Don’t ask me how to do that, I so far only know to click them to connect together when the target asks me to. :rofl:
Maybe if you program one by one? Didn’t try that though.

There’s a button ‘separate’ but that’s just for features like, having different level of noise cancelling, or whistle block, per side. I have that. But HA system is still single entity.

However, that means HAs should be permanently separated, that means that features that want two HAs, like stereozoom and similar won’t work as advertised since system won’t have 4 mics, each will have just 2 mics. Also, I believe myphonak app could not work, because there you can separate only volume, all other adjustments are done to both aids, if you have two. Or to one aid if you have one.
But I’m not positive that app would work with two separate aids. Since it looks that myphonak app is per hearing system, not per aid per se. And you can’t connect two hearing systems to one app.

Maybe if you install second app, like those vault settings or whatever they’re called, when you want eg gmail for work and gmail for personal use on the same phone, but two apps. Some phones support that.

Without separating HAs, they’re connected to the mic as a single entity and they behave as a single entity.

So in short, there might be workaround but it would disable you from using them for all hearing situation where roger mics aren’t present.

In shorter: they want you to buy table mic for that :rofl: