Can an iPhone communicate with a car sound system when in the car, and with hearing aids otherwise?

Hi if you look at screen shot it clearly has a tick :white_check_mark: on my aids

Phone calls come to my aids as radio app but not satnav voice prompts
Dell

Have you set audio routing to always hearing devices for media as well as calls?

Yes call audio routing set to always use headset.
I just thought I would contact you just in case you had done something different

Have you got these settings too?

No I haven’t got them where are they ?

You will find them under Settings, Accessibility, Hearing Devices, and then Audio Routing. I keep my settings in Auto. They play to my ears unless in the vehicle and then it switches to the vehicle. If you never want it to the vehicle make it “always hearing devices”.

No matter what I do I can’t get sat navigation directions to my aids even though I have call audio routing set to use headset

I was going nuts trying to get alerts working for me and eventually a friend suggested I check the Ring/Silent switch on the left side of the phone. I had it in silent. It let the phone ring and work to my aids, but would not let the alerts work. iTunes would work too. In any case out of it I searched all through this iPhone for all the controls on sounds, and put this post together while it was still fresh in my mind.

Sound control on iPhone and Aids

The only thing I can see is that iPhone has changed things IE I can only find call audio routing ( set to use headset) but I cannot find media routing anywhere.

Those screens do not look familiar. Do you have MFi hearing aids?

No I don’t have MFI it just looks odd because the latest IOS lets you use dark mode, my phone it iPhone 8 IOS 13.1.
The dark mode is just easier for me to see without my glasses on.

That explains it. The MFi gives you an extra screen to control the Hearing Devices.