Buy a new hearing aid in USA

Hi

I came to USA 9 months back. I stay in Milwaukee. Can you please tell me the process how to buy a new digital hearing aid in USA? I have health insurance by my employer . I also want to know whether the audiologist charges are covered under the insurance? I think hearing aid won’t cover in insurance.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

It would depend on your insurance as to whether they cover any of the cost. They might require that you be fitted by and ENT rather than an Audiologist. Also, you might check to see if your employer offers any type of benefit for hearing aids.

1 Like

Thanks @postagedew I will check with my insurance provider on the same. So the first step to buy new hearing aid to get an appointment to ENT right?

0 Likes

I’m thinking you should check first to see if insurance will cover and what conditions would need to be met.

1 Like

I am just aware that I have standard insurance plan under aetna .
What if it is not covered? Just wanted to know how much will be total cost of everything if not insurance does not covers it.

0 Likes

There are a number of factors, but it can run into thousands of dollars.

0 Likes

Thanks again. Since I am new here. Could you please guide what questions should I ask to my insurance provider from the hearing aid perspective?

0 Likes

If it’s not covered, then join a Costco and pay out of pocket for a pair of KS8 for $1,599.

1 Like

Ask them what they will cover. How many hearing test and fitting appointment, and how may dollars for the hearing aids, as well as how much you may have to pay (copay) of the total cost. Ask them what kind of test report they need to determine if you qualify for insurance. And as Volusiano suggested check out Costco. They have their Kirkland Signature 8.0 brand for a very good price, as well as other brands. The KS8 is essentially a Rexton Emerald 80 8C, which is the top of the line that Rexton sells. It would also help to ask the Costco how long their wait time is for appointments.

0 Likes

Thank you so much @Sierra.

0 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion @Volusiano

0 Likes