BTE with eyeglasses?

I am new to HAs and adjusting quite well to Bernafon Verites. My one minor issue is soreness on top of my ear where my glasses and hearing aid are.

Which do most people do - put hearing aid against head and then glasses closer to outer ear OR glasses then hearing aid on the outside?

With glasses closer to head the wire coming down side of ear is more visible (not a real concern) and “cuts” more into the top of my ear. Other way my ears are pushed a bit more by the glasses. Guess I will not notice after awhile. BTW the glasses have narrow earpieces.

All of the hearing aid users in my group wear their specs with the frames on the inside of the aids. ie. between their aids and their head. Your cable or tube may need lengthening to prevent cutting into your ears. Regards, John

I also am one to wear the glasses frame against the head and the hearing aid on the outside of the glasses stem. I think the other way around would cause a lot of pressure against the hearing aid.

My left ear gets a little sore by the end of the day from the combination, however it is not unbearable.

Widex is introducing a new feature in their Clear line of wireless binaural HAs to reassure folks who are concerned about losing these expensive and tiny devices.

Their functionality requires the HAs to be in constant communication with one another. If they lose contact (i.e. because one inadvertently falls off or out of an ear), an alarm tone and verbal message play to signal the user.

Chris

This really depends on your frames. I have an older (2005) set of BTE digital aids. They fit fine with my regular glasses but compete for space with my computer glasses. The second pair fit tighter around the temples and keep hitting the switch and/or battery door on the left side. I pick up a new set of Oticons in a week or so and the smaller size of the new ones should solve the problem.

Dale

I have been wearing HA’s for 50 years, all different types. My opinion regarding eyeglasses with the instrument in the temples?
Don’t do it.
One reason is. If you are in need to remove your glasses, then you have no use of the aids. They will need to switched off and the ear piece removed from the ear before you remove your glasses. This will happen more that you can imagine. Doctor exams, cleaning, ect.
If you change glasses for tinted sunglasses or readers, no aids.
You limit your options.

Secondly. Damage. If you happen to bump your head or are hit. Any contact to the temples will crack the case enclosing the aids, then they will have to be sent in for repair. So then you have to have a replacement temple just to use your glasses, let alone the aid that is in the temple.
It’s much easier to get loaner BTE’s that loaner temples.
I wore the in the temple style for 5 years because at the time BTE aids were not powerful enough, and I went through many a repair situation.

In regards to glasses fitting between the aid’s and the head.
It should not be a problem. If the thicker plastic framed glasses makes things uncomfortable, then wire frames will be the way to go.

And also regarding wearing helmets. Be aware you may get feedback from the close fit. Best to take your helmet in to the HA fitter and have them help you on this issue.
Also some aids can have a program selection to be able to deal with the excessive road noise.
Again. See you HA professional.

Good luck.