BTE causing pain

I’m having a trial of Phonak Bolero B-SP BTE with molds at the moment. I’ve only had them a few days now. I’m finding the weight of BTE plus my glasses wings are causing a lot of pain on my ear. Can someone tell me if I can purchase something that I can place between my ear and the BTE to prevent pressure areas developing please? My last HA’s we’re RIC and very small and I didn’t have this problem. I need to become used to the extra weight as I’ve sent my referral into the Hybrid CI clinic. TIA.

Re: “I’m having a trial of Phonak Bolero B-SP BTE with molds at the moment. I’ve only had them a few days now. I’m finding the weight of BTE plus my glasses wings are causing a lot of pain on my ear.”

FWIW, I’ve noticed discomfort with one pair of sunglasses over my aids (Kirkland Signature 7). The glasses have thick ear pieces. Helps a little to slide the ear pieces up on my head. Helps more to wear different sunglasses.

Are you putting your HA’s on first and then putting the temples of your glasses on top of them or are you putting on your glasses and then putting your HA’s on next and having them sit between your eyeglasses temples and your earlobe?

My glasses are multi focal lenses used all the time. They have a metal frame so the wing is fairly thin. Certainly no where near as thick as sun glasses wings.

My glasses go on first then the HA’s go on sitting on the outside of the wings of the glasses resting on the ear.

Like most things Deaf Piper… We adapt, I ware glasses and 2 x hypoallergenic totally occluded molds and that combination is at times a severe pain in the proverbial… annoying does not come into the equation, so we just have suck up and get on with it, at any given opportunity I will wing the aids, like just now as I write this they are out and unless my wife starts yakking they’ll be staying out till morning, I have a slight advantage that I am a Level 2 signer in BSL (British Sign Language) and my wife is Level 3… but if you think about logically, both aids and glasses are foreign bodies and as such this combo is bound to cause some discomfort no matter how well they are fitted… so my advice would be; ware them when you have too and wing them when u don’t :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Cheers Kev​:+1:

I have sometimes the same problem because, but over time you get use to it. I also have to wear glasses, at home some times I put my hearing aids out. There is no other way. I 'm deaf and wear the most powerful hearing aids in both ears all day long, all my life. I’m deaf ever since, when I was little my hearing aids were far bigger and heavier, and before BTE I wore bulky pocket hearing aids with wires and two ear pieces.