BTE aids keep falling out from behind my ear

That does suggest that the receiver (the part inside your ear canal) is not held there snugly enough. Different domes may indeed help that problem. Also, talk with your audi, see if he thinks you are pressing the receiver far enough into your ear.

Do you have an ‘ear grip’? That could help also. It looks a bit like a thick cats whisker attached to the receiver.

My audiologist recommended something he called “a lock”, but it looks like your “grip”. I wonder if that’s what someone else called “a kickstand”. It didn’t look very comfortable, but I guess I should try it. He also suggested bigger domes, but I didn’t think that would be very comfortable, either.

The ear grip, lock, kickstand - whatever it’s called - is not even noticeable. My Audi told me that most of them are made of a material that adapts to your body heat somewhat so that they “soften” in place and don’t irritate the ear at all. They are well worth a try and may be the solution to your problem.

I tried the ear Grip and found the receiver did not go deep enough into my ear.

I did not notice the ear grip at all, larger domes did the trick for me, it took a couple of days to get accustomed to the tighter feel.

Thanks for all of your advice!:slight_smile:

They do make products that make the aide sticky as well. I am having similar issues w in the ear but I seem to be allergic to what I can find. Some are pads you stick on. Some are liwmquid you put on the skin and it dries sticky. If you still have issues after the audiologist adjusts them that may be a next step.