How to change tubing on hearing aid ear hook

broke a horn replacing the tube. Very tough to remove the tube from the horn. Any ideas on how to soften the tube. I thought about placing the horn in hot water but I would have moisture in the horn. Also thought about a hair blower. luckily, I had some spare horns but like to avoid breaking anymore horns. Thanks

If the tubes gotten hard then replace the tubing with a fresh soft tubing. Or make an appointment with your audi that he replaces the tubes.

I need to replace them after 2 month because othey loose flexibility and therefore also the sound getting slighly distorted. If a tube gotten hard it is very tough to remove the tube from the hearing angle (horn).

I have to do it every month otherwise sound gets bad and it goes hard so can’t get it off the ear hook.

I assume horn means ear hook?

Stay Dry tubing for me, last a lot longer and is easier to get off the ear hook.

4 Likes

Yes, I meant hook. I use a quick snap tubing which is really nice because it just snaps into the aid. What I’m wondering now because its been several months since I last changed the tubing if the tubing would come off the hook easier if I changed the tubing my frequently like every couple of months. thanks

I change mine every two months. If not sounds become distorted.

If the tubing is real hard, take a single edge razor blade and just cut along side the ear hook down to the ridge at the bottom of the ear hook. It should come off easily then. Body chemistry seem to have a lot to do with how often the tube needs to be changed as well as sun exposure can affect it.

4 Likes