Bose Hearphones

I have custom molds and new directional aids. I will post my audiogram here soon when I figure out how. My hearing problem is pretty vanilla. When I asked my last audiologist what the best aids were for me he said any of the new good ones should work for me.

Still, I do have a moderate hearing loss that severely impacts my life and work.

Once again, I find the Bose hearphones superior to any other remedy I have tried. And, I have tried almost everything that has been recommended on this forum.

Interesting. Do you understand speech better with them or just prefer how they sound? I remember the Hearphones having very good directionality, but it was nothing my aids couldn’t match. Seems like aids should be able to match them, but then again, things aren’t always what they seem.

In a quiet setting my aids work fine. But in a group, I can get more clarity with the hearphones. But, I do have to work at it. I keep the phone app open and make needed adjustments to volume, tone controls, and direction.

Because of the way they stick out of your ears, the directional control is far better than the aids. The constant tweeking is necessary but worth it to me.

What do you get for battery life between charges?

Bose says 10 hours and I assume that is about right. My usage is erratic on and off, switching between the hearphones and aids, quiet periods w nothing. I also travel a lot and carry battery packs for charging.

I appreciate your opinion on this product. I have some Bose SoundSport wireless ear buds and I find their sound signature to be pleasing to me when I listen to music from my iPhone. I have had my Oticon Opn S 1 aids for a couple months now and the sound quality of streaming music from my phone is laughable (podcasts and phone calls are acceptable). I was tempted to try the Hearphones before I bought the new aids (only my second set), but didn’t. I don’t think their appearance in public is a detriment as so many people are using ear buds of some sort nowadays. I think I may have to give these a try

Over the years I have been listening to less and less music due to my hearing problems. That changed dramatically when I started using the hearphones. Music sounds good again.

2 Likes

can you please elaborate on the streaming quality on your oticon? does it lack much bass? thank you!

Bass? What’s that? If streaming music through my hearing aids was the only means I had to listen to music I would cease to do so. Thin, tinny, lifeless, and just downright unpleasant. “Stream music from your phone” should not be used as a selling point or feature of hearing aid advertising.

I guess I am lucky I never had an ear for music. All I care about is being able to understand speech and understand the words that are being said. Music to me is just something to take my mind off my tinnitus.

2 Likes

I recently bought Hearphones, as a backup for my HAs and as an alternative for specific situations–loud restaurants (haven’t tried yet) and walking in a noisy city (traffic noise). Excellent results with the latter! The first two days I wore them I was ecstatic about them. On later trials I’ve had some trouble with whistling feedback, which I assume has to do with the fit-in-the-ear, or the volume, although I’ve adjusted both. I still believe they are a remarkable product that perform very well as an alternative to HAs. At the price, a much better deal than buying a second set of HAs! I learned of them via the excellent new book, “Volume Control,” by David Owen. See your public library–most have it.

For me, they were much better than my Siemans $6000 HAs but not as good as my new $6000 M90s. But I really didn’t like wearing them. The feedback is horrible if you don’t have the right size ear buds and really jam them tight. They were great for noise cancelling on flights

I did mailorder w/ no problem. I LOVE Hearphones and have worn them almost daily since getting them several months ago. I live in the city and much prefer them to hearing aids for dampening down surrounding traffic noise, road noise when I’m driving, etc. Plus the streaming from my iPad and iPhone (I don’t watch TV) is fantastic. I wonder how often in the future I will wear my hearing aids?

Sharing your audiogram would shed some light on this.
We all have different hearing losses. At some point OTC type hearing devices just don’t cut it but for those they work for, that great.

I’ve had my level of hearing loss described as ‘moderate to severe’. Therefore, I’m amazed that a non-prescription gadget works as well as the Bose product does. A lot, I think, has to do w/ the nature of one’s everyday life. I’m single, so I don’t have an in-house companion to converse with. I live in an apartment, not a big house with yard. I walk a great deal out of doors, mostly alone, so am subject to urban noise/city, and in parks (more quiet). I converse with a walk buddy; there I have more trouble from local traffic (trash trucks), than from hearing loss! Audiogram to follow.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your audiogram.
I believe your rather flat hearing loss is why you do well with your hear phones. That’s really nice that you can.

1 Like

Does “flat” mean that the line is a gentle curve without a lot of small ups and downs? Even tho my hearing loss is considerable?

I’m no expert.
Your right ear is pretty flat loss wise looking at it from the lower frequencies to the upper frequencies.Your left does have a bit of drop in the upper frequencies. Realizing that most OTC hearing devices do not adjust to each frequency as hearing aids do it would make since that a flat loss could be improved with a rather flat increase in volume across all frequencies.
Take a look at other members audiograms and you will see what I am talking about.

Hearphones work great for me too.
Check my audiogram

How do I find your audiogram? And where/how am I supposed to post mine, other than attached to a message? Glad to have a Hearphones buddy!