Bluetooth for office phone

Was wondering if anyone has a good solution for setting up Bluetooth for office phones. Past posts have suggested the Jabra A7010. Turns out that item is discontinued and impossibe to find. I would appreciate anyone giving me a suggestion on how they deal with this situation.

Was wondering if anyone has a good solution for setting up Bluetooth for office phones. Past posts have suggested the Jabra A7010. Turns out that item is discontinued and impossible to find. I would appreciate anyone giving me a suggestion on how they deal with this situation.

I was advised from the Phonak Company that they are now recommending the Platronic 500A Voyager as a suitable BT hub for landlines. I have found this works well with my Cisco IT system at my place of employment. The 500A comes without the ear piece but can come with a receiver lift and the earphone for twice the price as a package. The 500A is a stand alone hub. Just google this model and several purchase options should appear.

Good Luck,

I have the voyager at work and it does work, however I find that using my regular plantronics headset with the over the ear adapter works better for the sound quality.

I ordered the Voyager 500.

Seems as if the Plantronics hub is no longer available either.

I have the Plantronics Voyager 500…It has worked well with my icom…but drops calls. About 30 seconds into the call I lose the caller. It doesn’t happen all the time but I cant rely on it.

Since you mentioned Cisco, their new 8900 Series phones have bluetooth builtin to the phone. I was able to briefly try one using an iCom on a conference call. I could hear everyone, but they said I was a little loud. I was in a quiet environment at the time. The loudness was probably a conference bridge issue.

I wear Oticon Epoq’s and pair the streamer with a Plantronics 510. It works well for me. If it weren’t for this unit I would not be able to communicate on my office phone. My my complaint is that the person on the other end will sometimes tell me I sound like I’m in a barrel. This I blame on the Streamer, but it doesn’t present a big problem.

Recently I have discovered that the Jabra A7010, it’s replacement and the Voyager 500A have been discontinued. We have a non-bluetooth corded desk phone so the Voyager A510 will not work. I have not been able to find anything that will pair with my Costco Signature HA’s (Rexton Cobalt 16’s). The Siemens rep who calls on my Costco branch was absolutely no help. So the TEK is useless without this kind of bluetooth enabler hub.

I have tried in-line amplifiers with no luck and have ordered a Plantronics headset and amplifier. The phone uses Cisco VOIP telephony and has echo and some distortion depending if the caller originates on a cell. If there is background noise from a car, I can’t pick put the words. Landlines seem to be OK. In addition, I work in an open plan office with 16ft ceilings and hardwood floors. Partitions and acoustic ceiling tiles are not an option, nor is a different phone The reverberation is awful as regular office sounds are amplified and bounce off everywhere.

Has anyone else had this problem and do you find using the headset without hearings aids better or do you wear them higher on the ear to cover the microphone? I have the receiver in the ear style so the microphone is on top of my ear. Hearing customers on the phone is essential to my job and I have only been on this job 2 weeks after a job hunt of over a year.

Oh I forgot to mention, if I wear the headset without my aids, I will have to put them back in every time a co-worker wants to talk to me. I am afraid removing them all the time will loosen the speaker. The headset in binaural as I must have sound in both ears for proper speech discrimination. So leaving one aid in the ear won’t help.