Bluetooth connection to hearing aids

I am in need of a new set of ha’s as my Phonak audio B are 6 years old with Compilot link, the new ones are direct Bluetooth to device types (Android), the issue that I have is the Resound ones that I tried don’t connect with the audio part of the phone right away, there is a small delay of about 1.5 to 2 sc. before it connect when my phone sends out a notification signal, like from calendar, or another app, if a new notification arrives within a short time later it connects just as fast as my present Compilot does but later on seem to revert to the delay mode, the Compilot seems to be in the always on mode and gets the response in less the 1/4sec. regardless, while the new ha’s seem to go on standby mode thus delaying the response time to more the the length of the time of the notification sent by the phone, I get the same delay when a call comes in, my phone gives me the name of the caller, but with this new issue, I miss the name ident. completely. The new proposed ha’s by my Audi pro. are Phonak Audio Paradise, can anyone tell me if these ha’s have the same lag time issue.

I have Costco KS10’s, which are basically the same as the Paradise. I have no delay when my Android phone gets a call. The cost is that they use standard Bluetooth that is a drain on the battery. I don’t get a full day on the charge, particularly if I do much streaming.

1 Like

Thanks for this, I intend to use disp. bats for mine, as I am connected 17 hrs a day, with 75 to 80% hearing loss, difficult to function without.The Resound links quatro that I tried, seem to go in a standby mode, thus the delay in turning on, I hope to hear from others on this, its important to me that I actually HEAR the notifications, I get many of those every day.

1 Like

I have rechargeable Phonak Marvels, and find that notifications can affect the MyPhonak program setting. So, if I’ve selected a program other than the autosense one, and if a notification comes in, MyPhonak can change my program back to Autosense, which is not what I want. So, I often find myself switching BT off entirely, so that notifications won’t impact my selected program.

As said earlier, Phonak BT is hard on the battery while streaming, so disposables in your case seem a wise choice. That said, the Phonak BT is less picky than some other implementations that may use less power, as the Phonaks will connect to almost anything.

I can deal with quirks, good info from you, I’m just making sure that these ha’s will be as connected as I am now. Thanks for your help.

I used to have Phonaks with compilot. In fact 2 sets, one with Compilot 1 and the other with C2.

I now have Phonnak Audeo Paradise P90R’s with rechargeable batteries. I only have battery issues when I use a program I’ve saved myself. I don’t know why. If I use the “auto” program I comfortably wear my hearing aids from 7:00 a.m. until about 11:30 p.m. If I use a saved and adjusted program then I must remove my hearing aids and recharge them about 6:00 p.m. I hate that, and get criticism for it at home. I got these HA’s about a year and a half ago before Lumity came out.
When that happens I regret having Paradise P90 hearing aids with rechargeable batteries. And a work iPhone.

I also have sleep apnea. I think that people who design or dispense hearing aids and sleep apnea equipment should have the condition that requires them to use the equipment they design and sell. Try wearing hearing aids in noisy environments; try wearing a cpap mask for 8 hours every day.

Main reason I won’t use rechargeables, and I totally agree that designers should be forced to use the equipment before marketing, the technology is there and most of us wouldn’t have to go through all this hassle to get it right. And my wife complains about having to use a different type of pay terminal at just about every different store drive’s her nuts. So far my planned upgrade will be almost seemeless, except for the Bluetooth house phone, that one will certainly not work, and using a mic is not great. Phonak just replied to me that no noticable delay should occur.

1 Like

Just an add-on, a lot of viewers have read my post, and I got very good feedback, great place to find information, a local friend who uses Wydex has the same issue, seems like it’s more common than one thinks. Thank you to those who have replied.

2 Likes