Bluetooth actual difference between KS9 and KS10

I have read many times that there are positive changes with bluetooth connections when upgrading from the KS9 to KS10. But I can’t figure out what those positive changes are.

With my KS9, when I want to switch from my ipad to iphone or back, to switch I almost always have to open the battery door, close it, then click connect in bluetooth on the device I want to use. I do this multiple times a day. I thought the KS10 resolved this but apparently not?

Can anyone offer a definitive answer on this?

The differences lie in the number of pairings you may retain, and the active connections you can keep. KS9 does two pairings and one active connection. KS10 should be able to do 8 pairings and two active connections. If you disconnect form one you should be able to add another. I have about 5 pairings currently on my Phonak Audeo P90R HAs, which should be equivalent form this perspective. Occasionally I have to power cycle a HA to get an active connection on something I want, as the iOS devices are pretty grabby. But for the most part I don’t have to think about it.

WH

Yes, I’ve read this but my understanding is you still have to manually switch from streaming from one device to another with the KS10. At least that is what I think I read. Looking for confirmation or other description of how it works.

@WebGuy1

If you ‘disconnect’ and not ‘forget device’ you won’t have to keep repairing by opening and closing battery compartment.

Exactly, on settings on iphone or ipad, hit disconnect for the single HA that does your bt, and then you can add another one. But as a sign of the advantage, say I’m connected via iphone and a macbook. I can hear the media on the macbook, but still take a call if one comes in while I’m working on the computer.

WH

P90s- my phone takes priority, then everything else. I have 5 or 6 devices paired. I can be watching tv on the TVConnector and if a call comes in it will override automatically.
I can be watching the tablet youtube, if phone call comes in it overrides again.
If I want to watch something on phone, start playing it. Then if I want to switch to tablet I would have 2 options. I can wait say 10 seconds for the phone stream to turn off/disconnect and start up the tablet. Or I can manually disconnect in the phone BT menu. The only time I have had to disconnect it manually in all my use is when I want the tablet to use the speakers so someone else can watch it with me.

1 Like

I have KS 9’s and switch between a samsung s7 phone and a windows laptop . The only thing I have to do to switch between devices is turn bluetooth off from connected device and turn bluetooth on on the one I want to connect to, never touch the battery doors of the aids just to switch devices.
YMMV…

Thanks everyone. What I’m trying to figure out is whether the KS10 will allow two devices to stream simultaneously, without having to switch from one to another. Or at least switch on it’s own, without turning bluetooth on and off on the devices.

I don’t hear two devices in my ears simultaneously, but it does switch back and forth without intervention.

WH

Thanks this is very helpful. Makes me look forward to the day I can upgrade from the KS9s to KS10s.

Agreed, switches automatically between the 2 ‘sources’. but you only hear one at a time!

OK Great. Just what I was hoping for. Thanks!