Best hearing aid models for long hair

Thanks for the update - I actually was wondering if it was still bothering you because I am still (almost a year later) shocked that I got used to the noise. Its good to know that you found a big difference between brands, something to remember for the future if I ever think about changing brands. I’m glad you found something better!

1 Like

Further update for the benefit of anyone who might be searching for information like I was. The Specsavers Advance (rebranded Signia 7AX) are going really well. I find the sound much more natural and less disorienting than the Phonaks. I have had one adjustment session and am very happy with the sound now. The Bluetooth is nowhere near as good as the Lumity (poor connection and bad sound quality), however, this is not something I use a lot so I can live with it for the $3000 I am saving. The downsides of the Specsavers brand v Signia are that there are limited colours and the Advance app does not have all the features of the Signia app (no ability to make adjustments myself) however as I’ve been very happy with the sound I haven’t felt like that is an issue. I can easily pop into Specsavers for any adjustments I want done, these are free for one year. The aids are also super small so I am not fussed about the colour as no one can see them. It’s great not having to contend with the scratchy hair noises any longer so I’m pretty sure I’ll be keeping these ones.

3 Likes

I was scrolling down waiting for someone to mention the Reals, I hear my long hair far less with the Oticon Reals than I have with other devices. It’s still amplified but it’s not the annoyance it used to be

4 Likes

That was one of the launch features of the Reals. Less impact and handling noise.

Most providers should be telling you that: it was one of the incremental changes from the More.

4 Likes

You should definitely try the Oticon Real, it makes handling noise like this really comfortable!

2 Likes

Sorry to disagree with some of the above comments. I went from the Oticon OPN1 to the Real1. With the “Wind and Handling Stabilizer” on, the “wind” part is a huge improvement from wind noise in the OPN, but I haven’t noticed ANY improvement whatsoever with the “handling” part. When I take glasses off or put them on, or when my finger brushes up against the Real, it is just as loud and sensitive as the OPN was. Perhaps I have a faulty pair of Reals? Anyway, you should try them and see if they work better for you regarding noise from your hair.

1 Like

@Bucco

I encouraged my audi to look for solutions to improve the setup of my Phonak P90’s because I couldn’t hear.
Two years
Then he quit.

Suggestion: my new practitioner was able to give me a User Report and a Pro Report showing how my hearing aids were set up.I’ve needed this since I got the HA’s.Maybe Oticon has something similar.

1 Like

I wear resound browns and have long hair like you (below shoulder length!)! I know this post was made a while ago but I finally found something that helped me a ton! Thought I’d leave this idea here for others who are having the same issue. My brain never adjusted to the hair sound and often times I’d get very overstimulated. I had my hairdresser shave the hair around my ears so there was a gap of hair between the hearing aid and my hair line when it is up. This has helped tremendously!

4 Likes