BCBSTX denial of Costco Jabra Enhance Pro 20 recently... wrong code?

Hi,

I recently had BCBSTX deny my claim for Jabra Enhance Pro 20s purchased at Costco - I used the procedure codes on the doc that had been circulated on the forum with Costco’s codes and selected V5261, which apparently isn’t the magic one, but the same as current ASHA codes at [Audiology HCPCS Level II Codes]

Does anyone have recent experience getting paid by BCBS (TX) and can share codes that would make them happy?

Thanks for any help and pointers.

It looks like you are using codes from 2015. I would call Costco and see what they say.

The codes are current and the same as today at Audiology HCPCS Level II Codes

So did you call Costco and BCBSTX? It seems like a couple of phone calls would be the solution.

Did both and did not get much more than nothing. Costco does not deal with insurance and BCBS says “wrong code” but can’t indicate what “right code” is. Continuing to advance both avenues, but interested on what other forum members have experienced.

In January 2023 I purchased ReSound Omnias from Truhearing.com using an audiologist. The audiologist or Truhearing submitted the insurance claim but I was fully reimbursed to the extent of my coverage ($2K) by BCBSTX. I am a member of a very large group policy related to the State of Texas, though, so that might carry some weight in processing claims.