Battery depleting faster in one aid

My left prescription is stronger, and its battery usually dies 4-6 hours before the right. Since my batteries last ~4 days with heavy streaming, that means the right has 10-15% of its life remaining when my left dies. But it is not uncommon for my right aid to say 40% when my left dies. Nor is it uncommon for both aids to read 100% after two days of use and 80% at the starts of the day but not last to 5 o’clock. The percentage just isn’t that accurate.

That said, if your aids are significantly different it may indicate a problem. When my right aid started using two batteries for every one my left did, it was because of microphone failure.

This is what I do with my Phonak’s. Rotate the batteries from one side to the other every night before going to bed. My batteries (13’s) last about 1 week. HTH

Update after a week:

As @jim_lewis suggested, I rotated my batteries from one side to another every night. Batteries still last seven days but the difference between the two is now down to 10%.

1 Like

Keep one thing in mind. It is 100% certain that one battery will die before the other!

Hi i am also in England and am currently running a hearing accessory shop online if you ever have a spare moment please have a browse through and if you do make an order just add the word forum in the admin notes and ill also send you a little freebie the link is https://www.hearingaidaccessories.co.uk/ xxx