Background noises interferes with phone calls

@Zebras @PeterH

Gentlemen, thank you so much for more ideas. I shall do these during the weekend.

Though I still think this is something Phonak should recognise the difficulties hte HA users are facing. The target software should allow an alternative way to use the phone mic instead of the HA mics. And offer workarounds too.

I was told this was limited because youā€™re working with Classic Bluetooth in what they can do.

Form my understanding, AirPods are LE Bluetooth as well.

@Zebras

In all other streaming settings I have Windblock etc completely off. I have Whistleblock on 4, as 0 did create feedback.

In the phone setting, Iā€™ve left all ā€œas isā€, as things like windblock will help the listener.

Peter

@PeterH

I found WindBlock to reduce the sound to the caller on the other end.

The hospital also said all these features like WindBlock etc would only help you, it would do nothing for the caller.

2 Likes

What about the ā€œAcoustic Phoneā€ feature? Perhaps if BT is turned OFF, and a person has a dedicated ā€œAcoustic Phoneā€ set up as one of the programs (as I do), it will take care of background noise?

With my Marvels and current Lumity Life aids, Iā€™ve always had zero background noise using BT to stream the call.

Folks on the call with me have no trouble hearing me either - so whatever background Iā€™m in (outside, in a mall, restaurant, etc.,) seems to not interfere.

While you cant mute the mics for phone calls, if you turn the volume up, it makes the phone call volume louder (of course) but it also makes environmental sounds softer. Really works. I think it is a Target setting.

The only time I got complaints on hearing me was when I first got my Marvels. I switched the Bluetooth phone connection to Adaptive, and all has been good since.

Peter

1 Like

For Phonaks with buttons on the HAs, the fitter ā€“ i.e., Target software user ā€“ can configure a button press to toggle mic mute. I use this at the start of a streaming podcast while Iā€™m exercising on a StairMaster.