Auracast Hearing Aid for Severe Loss

I actually don’t have mine despite having hearing problems for 3 decades, I will ask my audiologist for it. But I currently wear the Resound EQ998 model which is their “super power” model. This is more powerful than the current Nexia models I have been advised. Let me know please if you disagree, thanks.

Oticon Intent has LE Audio capability now.

Phillips will have it when they release the 9050.

Rexton will have it as soon as an firmware update gets pushed to the new Reach models.

Signia says their hearing aids will have LE Audio as soon as the firmware gets pushed out.

3 Likes

The Jabra EP20 is a rebranded Resound Nexia. It’s identical.

2 Likes

Ok interesting. I didn’t know that.

You would think so. I guess you would have to ask the Costco fitter or go to an independent and ask about the ReSound equivalent.

We really can’t say without that audiogram.
Your hearing loss could also be more difficult for reasons we don’t know.

RIC hearing aids typically go up to 100 db hearing loss if that big receiver will fit in the canal. Your hearing loss is very individual, we can not tell you for sure.

1 Like

Never buy anything based on promises, Signia promised that firmware update more than a half year ago, and it was supposed to come in first quarter. They also use outdated BT version in their recent devices which will make things harder for them.

Personally, I would go with Intents,

1 Like

Well we don’t know if history will repeat. As least buying at Costco, gives them 180 days to make good on the update.

2 Likes

I got this info from my audiologist and added it, maybe you could take a look at it and let me know what you think?

1 Like

Thanks for the audiogram.

That left ear is a profound hearing loss. Can you actually hear sounds across those frequencies? Do you have word understanding scores for that ear? That ear might be a cochlear implant candidate??
Your right ear is a possible RIC aid but now I see why your audiologist fits UP aids on you. Makes a lot of since.

Now back to your original question. It should be “Profound hearing loss hearing aids with LE Audio, Auracast.” I don’t know if any are out yet. Maybe @Um_bongo or @Neville have knowledge of this. A guess would lean towards Resound and hopefully Oticon soon. I could do some web searches and find out probably.

1 Like

Not seen it announced anywhere yet, but if I had to put money on it: Resound are pretty good at updating their Enzo platform with newer connectivity, while most of the other manufacturers don’t seem to prioritise UP updates. I reckon it will appear fairly early on in the Nexia Enzo.

Also consider waiting for the new Phonak platform, they’ve got credible history in making UP aids and they’re definitely going to be moving the connectivity platform forward in the new range due in the Autumn. Though it remains to be seen if they launch the UP aid at inception.

2 Likes

Jabra has just released the new Enhance Pro 20 Power BTE 88 HAs with LE Audio and Auracast. Would these work? They are ReSound equivalents.

You can see them on this ReSound page too. Tape on the image for a description:

2 Likes

Zero hearing in the left, can feel some pressure but no hearing. I’ve never really considered myself as a candidate for a cochlear implant. Though I would be interested in doing so. I’ve also been tempted by a digital CROS system, last time I tried it they were wired but it’s definitely something I should revisit at least.

The last few times I’ve tested HAs from brands other than Resound, I’ve just annoyed my audiologist by making so many changes that all seemed to be me trying to make them into Resounds. I’ve been with them for a long while they just feel “natural” to me but they are just a brand and I don’t particularly advocate for the them over any other product. But if they dont announce something new in the ultra power range soon I will need to move away.

Thanks for this, I think my audiologist would prefer to have me on the Phonax platform for sure and has been suggesting the Naida UP. I like your positivity on the Nexia Enzo so I will keep my fingers crossed. I’ve been searching for Enzo N and NX98 on google in the hope of finding some leak but that’s a really long shot :rofl:

1 Like

According to that attachment above for Resound there is a Nexia BTE aid for profound hearing losses now.

Cochlear implants are very expensive if you don’t have insurance but I know they work well. When I got on Medicare the first thing I did was get bilateral implants. It has been life changing for me in a good way. If you can get the CI evaluation it will be very educational.

It does actually say that and my heart skipped a beat when I read it. However I think that the most powerful Nexia is still slightly less powerful than my Resound Enzo Q EQ998 but I am going to check this.

I got my Oticon INTENT1 aids 5 days ago. I don’t even think about my auds anymore. Everything sounds so normal and natural. I no longer need my TV adapter, I don’t have to always adjust the volume or think about what program to use. I have my INTENT1 aids setup with only the default general program, t-coil program, TV adapter. I went to church service Sunday and didn’t need the t-coil program. Streaming calls, music, yes I can enjoy music again, and audio books from my Samsung S23 is so easy. With my settings on my S23 set to le audio streaming sounds great. The capability to do full hands free isn’t working or I don’t know how to make it work. My understanding is this is an issue with Samsung software.

2 Likes

It’s always fantastic to read about people having a great experience with a new aid, best wishes to you.

2 Likes

How were you able to hear in Church without the t-coil. I am currently using Oticon OPNs with t-coil setting and a neck loop plugged into an FM receiver. Were you just able to hear better with the new INTENT and did not need the t-coil or is the church broadcasting Bluetooth?

With my aids before INTENT1 I used the t-coil program at church. Our church has the loops in place. But since getting my INTENT aids I have not needed to use the t-coil s at all. The INTENT1 aids are so far ahead of even the Real1 aids that I use as my backup aids.
No Bluetooth broadcast either just my aids doing their jobs.

2 Likes