Audiogram learning

Hi I recently had a hearing test, that created an audiogram, but as I declined to purchase the hearing aids offered I didn’t leave with a copy of it.
Does anyone have any up to date links explaining creation and interpretation of audiograms as its obviously the defined starting point for further progress, I have access to audio signal generators and frequency counters and oscilloscopes, but I’m presuming that we now use computer generated tones.

There is “in-situ” which you can DIY. But you provide not much information to go on. You would need hearing aids, and a hearing aid programming device in order to run in-situ.

Click any PVC Avatar to find DIY School;
Suggested DIY School help files;

• 02 How to Program Your Hearing Aids

Also a couple of reference material links;

1 Like

I have already found, downloaded and read several PDFs from DIY school (invaluable info) next step is to purchase some used recent tech hearing aids to experiment with, once purchased I will locate and install the relevant software and the hardware required to communicate with my hearing aids, does most installation/ modification software (example phonak target) enable you with the right hardware to generate audiograms?
at this time I’m more into gathering and comprehending information, thanks for your reply and the helpful links.
unfortunately Malwarebytes wont let me visit Attune.

btw> You don’t have to download DIY School. just click any of the PDF files to read in a browser Tab.

Okay, forget Attune, just google any “hearing how to read audiogram”.

Careful with purchasing “recent tech hearing aids” because there are pitfalls, for example you may be purchasing a rechargeable with depleted and non-replaceable batteries.

Maybe you mean Phonak Target, not phonak tracker? The fitting software doesn’t exactly generate audiograms. But I guess that you look at in-situ that way?? That is, it will measure (for each frequency) your mouse click answer as to when you hear a beep. After measuring each frequency (and for each ear) you can proceed into fitting using the in-situ measurements as a basis for your hearing loss.

Also, there are other measurements (bone conduction, etc) aside from the AC measurements that could possibly point to other hearing problems. You will be skipping these with in-situ.

1 Like

Yes, I can read them in my browser but prefer to keep a local copy on my own network as I can find them easier to refer to, and I don’t need to go online, I did indeed mean Target, and have googled how to read audiograms and now understand that, I’m liking the in-situ part of your reply, the audiologist did bone conduction tests and told me there’s nothing medically wrong with my ears apart from degraded hearing loss, replacing depleted cells in rechargeable devices that are not designed to be changed isn’t that hard if you can identify and source the cells, most casings are clipped or glued together normally a spudger or fine Dremel blade with a steady hand will give you access, especially as you have nothing to lose from trying.
Thanks for another informative reply

Click my audiogram and then mouse hover over the various shades of blue and pink and a tiny popup window will show you if that level of hearing loss is in the mild/moderate/severe, etc range. When you get into the severe/profound range it will be more difficult to fit your hearing loss.

1 Like

Maybe you have looked at this battery replacement before;

1 Like

Thankyou very useful thread, will definitely follow that one up