Audicus?

Dear Aj, how is it your aNote? any review? coz i’m considering purchasing one. thanks

Dear cbearg, any update?

Thanks

— Updated —

Dear Aj, how is it your aNote? any review? coz i’m considering purchasing one. thanks

Dear cbearg, any update?

Thanks

I think they are great . They have an online chat person and they have serviced my hearing aids really well. You would have to be nuts to pay thousands of dollars when you can get their top of the line for around 620 per ear .It works really well and hands down the best value out their. In my opinions audiologists are in a conflict of interests .Diagnose then try to sell you a en expensive aid. I am more than satisfied with Audicus

We just received a pair of Canto’s from Audicus for my young adult son who has moderate to severe hearing loss.
He tried them out and what we found is that his 7 yr old Oticon’s with custom moulds work better than these with the standard click domes.

Customer service at Audicus was not able to help much in regards to our inquiry of whether custom moulds might improve the sound quality.
They offered to sell us extra tube/wires for $50 (wholesale!) suggesting that we would need this for making the moulds, according to a local audiologist this is not necessary.
Apparently, if the hearing impairment involve severe loss in high frequencies, custom moulds are recommended, this is what I have learned visiting various audiologist’s website.

So we will order new mould’s configured with the thin tube/wire and the audiologist will attach to the Canto aids.
Hopefully this will work. Otherwise we may be out $200 for the moulds, as I am not sure if the tube/wire is a standard size for all newer style aids.
I’ll repost on our situation.

Molds are necessary more with low-frequency hearing loss. They avoid feedback. I doubt molds will be a dramatic change.

I think what you have now with them isn’t going to show a huge improvement with molds. Neither should molds be that expensive. Costco does them for $40 each. Lloydshearingaids.com does them for $50 each.

I cant get Audicus to respond to my emails. I was ready to buy the Canto aids , but not now.

I just wanted to come back around to this. I wasn’t happy with my Audicus experience. I’ve been without HA’s at all now for a little over a year, but I’m on a new insurance plan that offers some relief so I’m trying out ReSound Linx2.

There’s an old saying: “You get what you pay for”. I think that’s probably true here. But more importantly, I don’t think the mail order business model is good for a medical device that needs periodic professional care & twiddling. If I wanted so much as an adjustment to my program, I’d have to put my “ears” in a box and do without them for a couple of weeks or so. The warranty period was very short, and I did have one repair done during that time. The next time they needed repair, I just stopped wearing them.

1 Like