Audeo S YES IX vs. SMART IX What the difference?

Comparing detailed Phonak data (on Phonak’s WEB) I could find only two differences: A) SMART has QuickSync which YES does not have, B) MaxGain for SMART is 45, for YES 44 (almost the same).

Both these models are on the market and therefore each has evidently an advantage. SMART is smaller (but has the same battery) and newer and has QuickSync. But there are people who evidently get better results with bigger YES that has no QuickSync, or it is the price difference that matters.

Please comment how these two models YES IX and SMART IX compare. It might be interesting to many and is very important to me as I made my mind for making this expensive bying decision.

How important is QuickSync (what is it?)? What are prices (if known)?

Many thanks

…R …L
250…40… 45
500… 35… 40
1000… 45… 40
2000… 55… 60
4000… 75… 85
8000… 75… 85

Quicksync means that both aids are adjusted to the response from one instrument. e.g. touch the program button on the right aid and both aids change programs at the same time (or almost at the same instant). or turn the volume up on right side and both adjust.

I saw a complaint about sync the other day. If there is interference on one side adjusting the other side higher to raise the voice sound is defeated by the automatic noise rise in the off ear.

TerryB

They also have completely different chip sets. The Audeo YES is NOT an “S” model, it does not have the Spice chip set, which is the newer chip design. Also, the Smart has manual controls, a button on each for changing programs. The YES has no on board controls, you have to use it on Auto or use the myPilot, or other remote.

Many thanks for the very useful comments><O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
Looking carefully into the Audeo S User Guide (one and the same for all three models, see below) I did see that the YES and SMART are different models because YES does NOT have the button, which Neilk pointed out, and therefore does NOT allow the user (without remote, which many do not have) to change either the volume or program, which SMART CAN do.<O:p></O:p>
It is of course a great limitation and, being a new to HAs, I wonder how people can (or could) use a HA without a volume control.<O:p></O:p>
I would be thankful for additional comments about the chip, because in all Phonak documents (User Guides or Technical data) YES (including the version IX) is labeled with the same “S” symbol as SMART. Could it be that the chip in YES (different from Spice) has a name that also starts with “S”?

Tried without success to quote from Audeo S USER GUIDE by copy/paste.

Maybe this very short one will be accepted by the Forum system:

“Your hearing care professional can configure your hearing system (push) switch * as either a volume control or a program selector. Consult your hearing aid professional to determine which option is active in your hearing system”.><O:p></O:p>

• Option/Function not available for AudeoS YES and Audeo S MINI

I did find Phonak mentioning the Audeo S YES … although I can find any specific information about it, the difference in the “S” is that it means the Spice chip set. Apparently, Phonak now makes the YES with the newer chip set, the S series, or Spice. So I do stand corrected on that part. The YES though still does not have on-baord control buttons, but uses the remote to make changes. The Smart has that single button that can be configured for either volume or program control.