Audeo M-13T Questions

Not sure what you mean by “not on yet”? Do you mean not ordered yet"? Most audiologists will only trail or test one HA brand at a time. So after a period of testing you can say “you want or don’t want”. Testing two different HA’s brands at the same time (Phonak Marvel and Resound Quattro) is very unusual and pretty time consuming. So I assume you try the Marvel and once completed then try the Quattro. You are going to be a “busy” person.

0 Likes

In this case and in the case you want to have the most state of the art HA you would probably better to go with Resound or Oticon. They always update their HA-firmware a couple of times because of some bugs. Phonak is not free of bugs, too. But they try hard to minimize neccessary updates.

Whether a concrete Audeo is for mild loss or for profound loss depends on the applied receiver, as Don already stated.
With Naida you are fixed to a single range of loss because Naida is of type BTE.
As Gsl already said: try Audeo M-13T then you know if it fits for your needs. If not then you have to look for another brand. Naida M won’t be available in April 2019.

1 Like

Dani - thanks for info. Has Phonak actually announced it’s coming out with Naida M in April, 2019? I haven’t read that anywhere but that would be good news. Some posters have said it won’t happen until late fall, early winter. If so then the next question would be - will Phonak be coming out in April with the Naida M (behind the ear) UP?

0 Likes

I had that issue with previous BTE aids, but for some reason it wasn’t an issue for AIEs and so far hasn’t been with the Marvels

0 Likes

@youbgone
No, Phonak did not announce it and I doubt that Naida M will be on the market before fall/winter 2019/2020. Hearing aids are not comparable to smartphones - they have to work at least for 6 years (here in Germany). They don’t need to enter the market as soon as possible.
I said April 2019 because your cutoff is April 2019. There won’t be any Naida M available at this time.
Btw I encourage you to enter your audiogram into your profile. “profound loss” is not the same as “profound loss”.

1 Like

No one is saying a HA manufacturers have to market as soon as possible but when a new HA brand comes out - users would like range options for those aids. Mild to Profound range day one versus a staggered wait over a 12 to 24 month period - for a power aid upgrade. Just entered my audiogram and I think “in your previous post” you meant to say a severe loss is not the same as profound loss.

0 Likes

@youbgone
Thank you for the update.
I believe you don’t want to read/hear it: Your loss is really terribly bad. What about CI? From time to time even I get the suggestion to go for CI. But your loss is much worse than mine. What is your word recognition with your actual HAs? Mine is 50-55% - this is a critical limit.

No I meant it as I wrote it: When one says he or she has a profound loss than this is not neccessarily comparable to another one’s profound loss.

0 Likes

Honey - you are preaching to the choir. I’m well acquainted with my hearing loss and have been a candidate for a CI for a number of years. HA’s can only do so much while CI is a “last resort”. My brother has had a CI for ten years and let’s just say he’s never been fond of it. Even though he does hear better with the CI verses his last HA’s. Right now I’d say I’m in your category - hearing 50% of what is being said. Better in quiet setting - almost nothing in noisy setting. Bought WIdex 440 Super HA’s in 2012 and obviously in need of an upgrade or join my brother in CI land.

0 Likes

I don’t know you that’s why I have asked about CI.
Well, meanwhile you have entered your audiogram: I don’t believe that the actual available Marvel Audeo-M is suitable for you. Audeo-M with the most powerful UP-Receivers has a fitting range for hearing losses from 50dB to 100dB in all frequencies. For Audeo M312 the MPO is 111dB, that is probably too low for you. I didn’t find a technical data sheet for M-13T though.

What about Naida B-UP?

1 Like

111 would be the S receiver. The P is 122 and the UP is 130 (I think). On this page click on the Marvel 312 data sheet.

https://www.phonakpro.com/us/en/products/hearing-aids/audeo-marvel/literature-audeo-marvel.html

0 Likes

Sometimes things are worth waiting for. I’ve think Marvel could (I said could) be the “star” HA aid in 2019, but since I haven’t tried it I’m talking through my hat. After doing research/reviewing HT I feel the Marvel might operate at a higher level then previous Phonak HA’s. That includes aids that came out in 2016, 2017. Now should I trial the M-13T while I wait for a Naida M (bte) UP to come out end of year? Probably since I can always pass on the M-13T if it doesn’t meet my needs. I’m only interested in HA’s with size 13 or 675 battery, so options are limited. On the plus side November is only eight months away and the clock is ticking.

0 Likes

Guess I was fortunate that my audi allowed me to demo 3 different aids and have two of them at the same time for a true side by side comparison.

0 Likes

Wow! Which HA’s did you demo and which did you choose?

And please, could you fill out your audiogram so we can compare with our own audiogram?

0 Likes

Starkey muse, Oticon OPN, and Widex 440 Beyond. My choice was the Widex. This was 16 months ago so more new models are out there since then.

0 Likes

Don, you’re right. With UP-receivers the maximum is 130dB@1kHz, 120dB@2kHz and still 110dB@3kHz. Normally I only look into Naida-SP’s datasheet where there is only 1 receiver. I missed the others in Audeo.
@youbgone
I follow the news to the Marvel platform but I will not move from Naida-B (in combo with ComPilot2) to Naida-M as long as the HA can be connected to only one Bluetooth-device at the same time. That’s a no-go.

1 Like

I agree if you are going to pair HA to several devices. If I purchase a Marvel or 2019 HA I’ll only pair to phone and possibly PC. Phonak TV connector will automatically work with HA - without pairing. At this point in my life I’m looking for a HA that handles human communication well (face to face) versus bluetooth connection.

1 Like

I hear you. I love the connectivity of the Compilot 2.

0 Likes

@Don
Maybe Phonak does hear me, too? :smiley:

1 Like