Assymetrical Cookie Bite hearing loss

I have cookie bite hearing loss in my left ear (only), so bad hearing (need amp to 70db+) and no speech comprehension (10%?)at middle range frequencies. Other ear hearing is fine. Can anyone with similar loss recommend effective hearing aids;especially to deal with and capture speakers in noisy restaurants and events? Thanks.

0 Likes

If you find a hearing aid doesn’t give you access to speech, why don’t you try a CROS hearing aid? My friend uses a Phonak CROS HA and she loves it.

0 Likes

The CROS suggested by Zebras might help, but to really deal with speech in noise I suspect you’re going to need a remote microphone. A recent Resound (Linx 3D or Quattro, or Costco variant) with a Multimic could be good, as well as Phonak Marvel with integrated Roger Receiver and a Roger device. There are older Phonaks that have the technology-- just takes a bit to piece it together and deal with what’s compatible with what.

0 Likes

Thank you for the advice and suggestions on HAs. Have trialled CROS devices. Unfortunately in my case did not feel they assist. My good ear still does most of the hearing. Guess I will need to combine with an external device. Still uncomfortable drawing attention to my disability however realize need to get over my complex.

0 Likes