Artone Bluetooth Version?

I saw on various wbesites that the artone neck loop is BT version 1.2, and 2.0 on others : http://www.tecear.com/Artone-Bluetooth-Loopset.htm

I have 2 questions:
1 - Is it 2.0 or 1.2?
2 - Is the main difference between 1.2 and 2.0 the faster transmission, longer range, better battery life, and the fact that 2.0 can connect/pair with more than 1 device at the same time.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Greg:confused:

I will ask Artone to post on this.

I believe our new stock are all 2.0 but dont’ know what the advantages/disadvantages are.

Hi all,

Bluetooth technology is always developing and becoming more efficient.
Bluetooth V1.2 and V2.0 have the same functions, how ever the efficiency is better in the later model, there is better energy saving, better sound clarity and easier paring (1 second instead of 3 seconds before). As well v.2.0 holds the connection better, disconnects rarely.
The difference is not significant, how ever slightly more advantages.
As for the question above – no the Bluetooth cheap can not be connected to few devices in the same time, neither v1.2 not v2.0
The range as well the same 10m (33feet) in open space.

All Bluetooth versions are “backward compatible” with each other. That means that v1.2 will work with v2.0- so if you have a mobile phone (or any other Bluetooth device) with v2.0 Bluetooth installed it will work with our older models. As well the opposite will work, if your mobile phone has an older Bluetooth 1.2 it will work with our v2.0 BT LoopSet.

• All new Artone Bluetooth LoopSet are V2.0 ( from April 07)