Anyway to stop the Phonak TV Connector V2.0 being stereo?

I may be wrong here, but I think the HAs pair to the adapter independently. And it seems more that the HAs get the signature of the adapter, not the the adapter knows about the HAs. Any combining would have to be in the HA. I think the adapter broadcasts the signal, and any HAs that know his song, pick it up.

WH

When you say adaptor, do you mean TV Connector?

I tried to pair just one HA but when I turn other HA back on, it links automatically to TV Connector.

Same happens to the Partner Mic.

There’s a connect/pairing button, details on page 13.
I think it only feels automatic when new and unpaired.

1 Like

That’s why I thought that flight mode or disabling wireless, on one HA alone would achieve that.
In fact I am testing it right now and it works!!!

My left HA is on and paired to TV connector V2 with LBC playing and my right one is on but with no streaming just amplified/corrected sound.
I just set flight mode on the right hand one. (Turn off, hold down Vol - for 7 seconds)

Yes, “TV Connector”

You would have to have one HA well out of range when pairing HAs the first time. Once they have connected, they will always connect when within range.

WH

Adding both pieces together:
You can buy two of the suggested adapters and activate flight mode on your left HA.
Put one in the back of the TV and one in the back of the TV connector and use your existing cable to connect them.

Then it looks like you have a solution that will mix the audio channels together and stream to just your right ear and not left, missing nothing. All for cheap!

I was having trouble with the FM broadcast at church being only in one ear via my Roger On and a media cable to the FM receiver, and found out the the sound guys only broadcast on the rt channel. The folks who get headphones also got a little plug that went into the FM receiver, and the headphones go into the adapter plug. The plug summed the two channels and gave me the (same) sound in both ears. I have to remember to check for that little plug when issued my receiver now.

WH

Having it well out of the way will make no difference to having one HA turned off.

Once both on, they both pair to TV Connector even if you only pair one HA.

I have now tested this and the answer is that if just streaming to the left because the right is turned off or in flight mode, then only the left channel is delivered, i.e the TV connector doesn’t combine the audio channels if it is only streaming to one HA.
I have tested this both ways round, swapping right and left for tests.

Annoyingly Phonak should of thought that about as some people only wear 1 x HA.

I got on the bus the other day and a young lady was wearing 1 x Phonak Naida M70 SP. Nothing in her other ear, possibly completely deaf in other ear?

Looks like I’ll have to buy some sort of cable again then.

:slight_smile:

In Target the HAs are bound together and so probably present themselves as stereo headphones.
Maybe they are set up differently when fitted as a single HA and accept both audio channels like a normal BT earpiece?

I’d have to (temporarily) trash my fitting to test that out and I’m not quite up for that level of testing!

Anyway, two of those adapters is about the price of a pint, so not too much damage done. :wink:

1 Like

I can test it. Not sure how I would tell if I’m hearing it correctly tho.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well my TV that is over 20 years has finally died. I can hear sound but no picture. The picture has been disappearing for few seconds over a number of years but now it’s permanent.

If I get a radio (FM/DAB) and it has 1 x channel, does that mean it’s not stereo despite using my TV Connector? It has a USB port so plan to power it from there.

I don’t need another TV.

The radio, if picking up FM or DAB, will normally give you a stereo output through the headphone socket. An AM or Shortwave station will be mono but will probably be on both channels too, just the same audio.
The same solution as suggested for your TV would work if you wanted to combine left and right etc.

I tend to listen to radio on my phone (Android) which would kill two birds with one stone for you: no need for any extra connector and you can set the audio up as you wish.

The issue with using my phone is the radio using data.

When I’m out, I’ll use my phone but would rather not use all the time especially at home.

My phone and TV are classed as having two channels where this FM/DAB is classed as having one channel so can’t move the channel to the right.

Have just found out that it has this tho.

MyEQ – Equaliser with 6 Presets and Independent Bass & Treble Control

Understood. My phone uses WiFi at home so I have no concern for the amount of data used.

I haven’t seen a radio since the 80’s that didn’t put out stereo on it’s headphone socket though, it might have one speaker but it will be putting out stereo on the headphone socket.

Moving the balance to the right will stop the radio sound in your left ear but will also drop all of the audio information carried in the left channel but not the right.

If you buy the two connectors suggested earlier in this topic put one in the radio and one in the TV connector V2 and then enable flight mode on your left hand HA, you would have everything that you want: both channels mixed together supplied to just your right HA.

@BeLo

I’m really not technical.

Think I might go back to my Loop System that I’ve had since I was 16 years old. Still works and it’s definitely mono.

Got the Loop System and a ton of other equipment from the Council / Social Services due to being deaf.

They’ve just replaced a fire alarm for me which cost close to £200 :open_mouth:

1 Like

Zero effort solution if you have the right bits: my Roger select can sit in its stand which is connected to the TV. The Select sends mono to my hearing aids. I think this also happens with Roger pens. I don’t know about the Roger mic that I think you have. This makes the TV connector redundant of course.

Roger On is now stereo.

:honeybee:

UPDATE -

After my TV dying and with the Cost Of Living Crisis here in the UK.

I have decided to buy a DAB Radio as I’ve been using a family members DAB Radio for years.

I bought a DAB Radio that had Bluetooth, it’s stereo but can be set as mono and has a EQ Set Up for my own settings. It also has a USB socket so i can power my TV Connector.

I’ve put a headphone socket splitter thing and set up my Loop System as well.

As it has Bluetooth, i can listen to my Pod Casts via my iPhone and Radio going through to my Loop System. This is perfect if i have to wear my older Aids which don’t have Bluetooth.

It also looks way more modern then the one I’ve been using which is more then 20 years old.

TV Connector is great as i have put the setting so it’s slightly more to the left. It says -20, but have no clue what that means.

Anyway, I’m happy and the features are really good. Definitely don’t need or miss a TV.

2 Likes