Anyone use the AudioDry?

Ordered my first hearing aid today at Costco. Getting a Siemens.

They include an audiodry classic, with the purchase. I do not know anything about dryers (no one in my extended family has ever needed a hearing aid).

All I know is, this is open. If my dogs don’t take the HA and chew it, the cats will take it and play with it, leaving it goodness knows where – I find some things in their water bowl!

Looking for ideas. Can I set this up in a kitchen cabinet? Mine do have an opening at the bottom for the electrical cord. Won’t work putting it in a drawer due to the cord, unless I don’t quite close the drawer completely.

This is what it looks like:
http://www.audiodry.com/audiodry-classic/

Except, the one he showed me today was white, not black.

I use this one http://www.amazon.com/Serene-Innovations-SNHCRENEW-Hearing-Freshener/dp/B003I7WMGC%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q%26tag%3Dduckduckgo-d-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB003I7WMGC.

It has worked well since I first got my HA’s in November 2013. Not long I know, but it works well.

— Updated —

I use this one http://www.amazon.com/Serene-Innovations-SNHCRENEW-Hearing-Freshener/dp/B003I7WMGC%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q%26tag%3Dduckduckgo-d-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB003I7WMGC.

It has worked well since I first got my HA’s in November 2013. Not long I know, but it works well.

Yes but, finances are a huge issue at this time. So if the one I am getting free does the job, it is fine. I just want to know if keeping it in a drawer or cupboard will be ok?

— Updated —

Yes but, finances are a huge issue at this time. So if the one I am getting free does the job, it is fine. I just want to know if keeping it in a drawer or cupboard will be ok?

It should work inside a cabinet, but I would first check how hot it gets before you walk away from it.

• removed double post

Hi Freedom, I just got my aids from Costco and got Audiodry, too. I have mine on my night stand (I don’t have small kids or pets) and leave it on overnight. It does get warm, but not hot. It doesn’t have auto-off and you have to remember manually turn it on and off.

Oh! Good to know, thanks!

I had that type of dryer when I trialled my hearing aid from Costco. The Costco receptionist was a bilateral hearing aid user who owned 2 cats. She said that no matter how high up she placed the dryer, her cats managed to find a way to get at her hearing aids. So, I suspect it would be safer in a cupboard or some sort of enclosed place. The lady from Costco said she actually stored hers in a small hamster-sized cage, which she then placed on the top of a shelving unit. I really would have liked to have seen pictures of that;) The cage might be more trouble than it’s worth, though, in my opinion…

— Updated —

I bought one on ebay and like it. I had my wife make a “pillow case” for a couple of 3" X 4" silica gel packs. I take batteries out every night and put them on a piece of tape then put the pillowcase on top of the AudioDry. Nice and dry in the morning and slightly warm. No pets or kids. I figure the silica gel helps dry them.