Anyone upgrade from Phonak Belong to Paradise. - sound improved?

Not interested in the features other than sound. What specific differences did you note if any.? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi there, this is a subjective subject, lots of people will have different reasons/results on this, so would be better to just give them a trial if possible to see for yourself, or you could list some things that you would like and are hoping to improve, this would get others to respond, there is a search button from right here on hearingtracker you could try, as it’s likely this has been discussed before.
Oh and it’s Belong platform.

1 Like

Speech in noise and speech in echo

1 Like

My own 2-cents’ worth: consider the Phonak Lumity Life if you’re going to jump up to a Paradise. Life aids are newer and - at least IMHO the speech comprehension is like an order of magnitude better than the Marvel aids (the aid I now use for backup only). Speech understanding is the HOLY GRAIL, and while the Life aids won’t completely compensate for understanding in LOUD places, in quieter ones … well, they are a game-changer for me! I can hear what folks are saying clear across large rooms, if my back is turned to them (or their back is turned to me), if I’m in another room, if I’m upstairs and hubs asks a question downstairs!

Over time, that kind of comprehension is sharpening my brain and making me quicker on the draw to respond, reply and engage in conversation anywhere. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply. Wish I could get them but they aren’t in BiCROS yet. If they are better than Marvels I might hold out until that technology is used for what I need unless the Paradise are similar.
I am wondering if anyone compared or upgraded to yours from Paradise

Great response!
DaveL
Toronto

ps My thought–If you keep your hearing aids for 5 years like I must, then starting a generation back would be a mistake for me. I bought my last hearing aids from an audi I had been with for 6 years at the time. The hearing aids they supplied were not current. I didn’t know that. Plus they were never set up right. I changed audis and the new one supplied me with Paradise p90’s which were current. I’m very grateful. A year later and everything I’ve read about the new Lumity’s has been good.
We all have different needs and different degrees of hearing loss.

WOW. How are we buyers to know if the HAs being sold aren’t even latest generation? I only learn about new models by hanging on the board here, cuz seriously, our audis AND the HA makers are simply WAY too passive about promoting new releases to customers. I don’t get it. I buy one tube of lipstick at Sally Beauty and they HOUND ME with offers 10 times a day.

Why are HA makers so hesitant to keep us informed? We’re the customer. They have our purchase order and the serial number of our aids. One + one = 2! It should be simple to have an opt-in notification set up so we could find out about new aids coming out, firmware updates needed, hey even online webinars if they have 'em. The marketing pro in me says “Missed opportunity!”

1 Like

The customer cannot be too " informed" if we know as much as them, then if makes it hard to sell at their… umm…prices they ask, they don’t want us to know in other words, remember the manufacturer’s customer is not us but the audiology clinics, there’s a reason why “stuff” is hard to find out about HAs in general, you have to dig this stuff up, it’s never openly given out, just the way this market is, but of course your right it’s a lost opportunity, but who’s “listening”

3 Likes

“Push” marketing is precisely what I’m talking about. Pushing past the audi gate-keepers to entice folks - like me! - to proactively contact their audi and ASK for these new releases. After reading about Lumity Life here, I proactively got in to see my new audi.

Push marketing would give the HA makers a much larger audience of potential customers, but yes, it would take some money and effort to talk to us. HA makers are very old-school in their marketing ignorance. They should follow what consumer products makers are doing: offer promotions, discounts, referral bennies, get on social media (which I avoid and abhor) to capture a younger audience. What good is it to sit in an ivory tower and invent things in a vacuum without a lively community to add value? Dr Cliff is great, but he’s just ONE GUY quacking in a vacuum. His video on the waterproof tests he put Lumity Life aids thru was a HUGE reason why I waited it out for the Lumity Life release.

(O’course, later, when I found out the Life aids are NOT meant for any kind of water activity, I had to ponder the results that Dr Cliff said he got putting them to the test.)

2 Likes

I appreciate your post.

My audi is excellent.
I’ve sat in his office several times as he called Phonak about my Paradise P90’s. the wax guards. Phonak agent on the phone said (i overheard) that they’ve had no complaints about the wax guards… CeruShield Disk. They didn’t want to hear about mine. They didn’t want to suggest a solution.

Same visit–I told my audi that the myPhonak app had been updated. Phonak didn’t communicate that to him.

It’s about customer service.

DaveL
Toronto

Guffaw! And the local hospital equipment store guy said, “No one’s ever complained about a rubber crutch to ME.”

My previous audi literally hammered one CeruShield disk on top of the one he couldn’t extricate from my speaker a few years back. I didn’t think anything about it until the day I tried to get them BOTH out and put in a new one. CeruShields are living proof that sadists exist in the hearing aid manufacturing world. :imp:

2 Likes

I think they were designed by young folk that don’t know better!

I DO like your post!

DaveL
Toronto

I’m confused what h.a. you refer to - what are LIFE aids?

Sorry for the abbreviation! By Life aids, I mean the Phonak Lumity Life aids.

Supposedly latest, greatest for speech understanding (among Phonak models) albeit NOT waterproof as claimed. Only sold in induction rechargeable format - NO battery-operated model out for this one.

1 Like

Phonak is in denial if they claim ignorance about CeruShield Disk, thats my opinion for what its worth.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying. Is there a reason they are Life Aids? A perpetual state of confusion Im afraid.

Marketing talk. I heard it myself. And the audiologist is their client; I’m not. I’m just the user so there’s no need to keep me happy. My audi works hard to meet my needs. He’s a skilled kind man.

DaveL
Toronto

I’m glad at least ONE someone is skilled and kind because I’m still trying find out who’s on second.

Scary to think IF I succumb to Alzheimer’s the real me will be gone in 60 seconds

1 Like

Hey kcsummerkc, maybe you’ve read about the new drug out that slows the brain’s decline from Alzheimer’s? It’s been in the news, as right here.

I hope that over time there will be even more players in the field for Alzheimer’s, Parkinsons, MS, MD, cancer … hey, how about HEARING!?
:smile:

1 Like

THANKS BLUEJAY - I’m sure there are lots of pharma folks who would love to be on the receiving end of big bucks to be had for promising drugs in all those fields.

As for me - I joke about it (maybe I think it will pass me by if I do) but for now I’m still on top of STUFF fun and not so fun and hope to stay that way. Maybe MEDICARE wishes people like you and I advocating for help with hearing aids - weren’t so vocal but that’s their problem, right? :yum:

1 Like