Anyone else get headaches from your HA?

I’ve had my Oticons for about 5 months and get a headache on one side of my head, around the eye and forehead. I don’t know if the HAs are the root cause or maybe because I am not wearing them sometimes.
I questioned the audiologist and her response was “hearings aids dont cause headaches.”
Anyone out there have the same issue?

Thanks

Way back when I first started to wear hearing aids I did get tired of the new sounds that I was hearing and I felt like I had a headache. It took me about 6 months before I didn’t notice the issue. But I didn’t see it as a headache but just more like being brain tired.

1 Like

See an ENT doc. I’ve worn HAs for 35 years and never had headaches caused by them. Ear aches? You betcha!

It sounds like you may have a sinus condition that is independent of the hearing aids. It would be good to rule that out so you can rest easy that the aids do NOT cause headaches and therefore you can continue to wear them.

I didn’t get headaches from the HAs the last 40 years, too. But it is wrong saying HAs can’t produce headaches. They can! In this case they are probably too loud in loud environments.
And yes of course you can get headaches (HAs :D) from HAs when you are not used to them. Because your hearing with HA is different from hearing without HA, your brain has a hard job to train the new impressions. But I don’t know if the affected region is in the front or back etc. of the brain.

Never had headaches from hearing aids - that would normally be volume is too loud and you get brain fatigue - you get over tired. but not a headache.

Its possible you have an ear infection or something that is causing a headache when you insert your aid into your ear. Only thing that I can think of.

Or could be completely unrelated.

To all,
Thank you very much for your responses.

I’ve never had headaches from wearing my hearing aids. I go back and see whoever prescribed them for you.

I get the occasional headache from wearing my hearing aids but it’s usually my body’s way of saying I’ve been wearing them for to long as I have very sensitive ears and eustachian tube dysfunction which tends to come and go so i only wear my aids for as long as my ears can take them per day and if necessary only when I’m most likely to need them say when I’m going out. It worth while going back and getting it checked out.