Anybody using the ReSound Micro Mic or Multi Mic?

resound
hearing-aids

I just got back from the Audiologist. I started an agreement to buy the ReSound Linx[SUP]2 [/SUP]RIC Model 61 with open domes. She swapped me out from the demos to my new set.
I turned in the Phone Clip+ and TV Streamer 2 that I had as demos. I picked up a Multi Mic and a ReSound Remote to in order to do a demo on them.
Since this thread is about the Micro/Multi MIc, I will post my opinion on it after I give them a workout.

If I decide I like the Multi Mic remote mic operation, I’ll go for the Mini Mic instead of the Multi. I just wouldn’t use the extra features it has.

I used to use the mini mic to assist with streaming from my flat screen led but did get a slight echo. I then purchased a BOSS sound bar, what a difference. The speech sound quality is much better and even my wife who has realy good hearing, says the sound is much better. The mini mic is now relegated to the cupboard draw. I didn’t find it helped that much in noisy restaurants unless my wife was actually wearing it clipped to her collar. Sitting on the table pointing at her it just picked up too much noise.

Regards Ian

— Updated —

I used to use the mini mic to assist with streaming from my flat screen led but did get a slight echo. I then purchased a BOSS sound bar, what a difference. The speech sound quality is much better and even my wife who has realy good hearing, says the sound is much better. The mini mic is now relegated to the cupboard draw. I didn’t find it helped that much in noisy restaurants unless my wife was actually wearing it clipped to her collar. Sitting on the table pointing at her it just picked up too much noise.

Regards Ian

Thanks Ian,
As you saw, I’m doing a demo on one right now.
My wife clipped it on her collar while we were sitting on our covered patio. The ceiling fans were on and there was a good breeze rustling the trees some too. I could hear and understand her very well. So, so far so good. I will want to try it out in a noisy restaurant with her. It won’t be a problem for her to keep it clipped on her collar but I’d like to try it on a table too.
My Linx[SUP]2 [/SUP]have a restaurant mode and I haven’t had a chance yet to see how they do on their own in that environment yet. I’m hoping the will work fairly well even without using the remote mic. But, that remains to be seen.
That said, at this point, I think I’m going to like having a Mini Mic enough to justify the purchase.

More info to come on my demo period and final decision

I’m not finding that. Is BOSS the brand name? What is the exact brand and model?

I think he meant BOSE.

Oops sorry typo, Bose Solo 15 Mk11 or they also do a full surround cinema package. I have the older Bose solo 15 but the new MK11 version also has direct connect bluetooth as well. Its not cheap at around £345 UK Sterling (about the same cost as a TV streamer over here) but well worth a demo in the stores before you buy. Its especially good on speech. In fact our 5.1 surround does not get put on much noways.

Let me know how you get on with the Link2. i have a comparison with it vs several others about 18 months old now, but if you would like me to forward. PM your email address and i will send.

Regards Ian

Yes it does work but with a little tinny sharp sound and be careful of echo. i used mine like that for weeks before i trailed the TV streamer. The TV streamer is better. I now use the Bose soundbar Solo 15 instead of the mini mic or streamer, as its good for speech and everyone can enjoy it. Especially good at improving the poor sound from flat screen TV’s. Give it a demo in store.

I sometimes use my Phone clip to stream the audio from my Ipad / TV but the sound with open domes is not as good. Closed domes works very well so custom vented moulds should work well with a streamer, or the phone clip.

regards Ian

I have the streamer demo to test out. The first thing I noticed was I cannot hear anything else, but the audio from streamer. When I use my phone streaming music I can hear other things also. Will the streamer be able to be adjusted where I can hear other things also? Also are there different settings for the streamer and for the phone? I love the way the music sounds when streaming from my phone.

I noticed also it was loud and I had to turn it way down. Is this normal? I had my wife adjust the volume where she can hear the audio comfortably.

This thread is getting a bit old, but did anyone ever conclude that the mini mic/micro mic was worth the purchase? I have open domes and would not want the mic if there’s a delay. I’ve tried using the “live listen” feature, but there’s too much delay for me. I assume that the mini/micro mics would be the same.

Hi i used the mini mic with open domes and never had any delay. That said i now use a Bose sound bar for the TV and that seems much better.

Regards Ian

couple