Anybody else also having trouble installing connexx 8.5.10

Hi,
no matter if i update my connexx (from 8.5.6) to 8.5.10 via online update or through install exe.
The resulting connexx 8 cannot be started. It always just reports it had an exception which
might be cured by a restart otherwise i should call hotline.
But nothing i did help. Neither a total fresh install of 8.5.10 worked nor anything else.

A fresh install of 8.5.6 (after deinstall of 8.5.10) still works.
A look in the crash logs shows an exception when it tries to verify a contract to tele care server.
Could that mean that diy home users won’t be able to use 8.5.10 and upwards?

Any help or other reports if 8.5.10 is working would be very appreciated.

Thanks a lot.
Frank

I’m not sure about the crash yet, but a DIYer should never want to contact tele care. Doing that would mean that some else (a professional/not a DIYer) who has a cloud account is preparing your changes to the hearing instruments for you. Then you (instead of doing DIY changes) would access the cloud to apply the changes from the professional with the cloud account.

Don’t use this tele care stuff!

eta> If tele care is an install option then don’t install it!

ok, this is a misunderstanding. i neither installed tele care nor ever used or activated it.

it just seems like it gets kind of activated or at least contacted on first connexx start after
updating to 8.5.10.
So, this is my concern… that without valid tele care access you won’t be able to use
8.5.10 and upwards.

Tele care isn’t a special option on install or update, but inside connexx you could activate it. But i
never did this of course.

Sorry, that was just a guess. I updated mine using the Updater. There we’re no options to choose from. It just did the update;
c1

But my Connexx 8.5.10 runs okay;

so did i. so something else on my machine must be influencing this.
I just had the hope this is kind of a general problem and perhaps a further update would be then
coming correcting this…

sorry for the noise then…

I also successfully updated from 8.5 to 8.10 using the Update Manager.

It appears as though the update is mainly for two new hearing aids.

Frank1 … I’m also having a problem updating. From Update Manager I got a pop-up after it downloaded saying the specified program needed a newer version of Windows. I’ve got the latest version of Windows. After hitting OK to that pop-up I got another pop-up saying it had installed successfully. After hitting OK for that pop-up it when back and started re-downloading the 8.5.10 update. I checked the install directory and nothing got updated and my existing 8.5.6 still loads correctly. I guess I’ll wait for next update unless someone else knows how to resolve this.

1. Windows 10?
  2. Do you already have clients/settings stored inside Connexx Database?

If not you could uninstall and then install the latest version.

eta: Connexx has a feature to Export all your clients so you could;

1. Export all client data
  2. Uninstall Connexx and Reinstall new version
  3. Import all client data

PVC … thanks for reply and yes I have Windows 10 and it’s got all available updates and yes I do have clients/settings stored inside the Connexx Database.

I’ve actually been through the export/import of all client data and that has worked fine so I do have that option you mentioned for doing a uninstall of current version and then reinstall the new version. Since Frank1 isn’t the only one having this problem, I’m sure there will be others and hopefully this problem will get fixed soon … if not I’ll resort to the uninstall/reinstall work around.

As I recall the Update Manager uses a separate step to install updates. Maybe you need to complete all the steps;

1. Check for updates
  2. Download the Updates
  3. Install the updates

c1

That’s exactly what I’ve done pvc the first time … each step individually.

Update%20Manager

As you can see above, it says it installed the update but then it started the whole cycle of checking for updates and downloading automatically the 2nd time thru. I interrupted it at that point and loaded Connexx and it was 8.5 that loaded.

I am also kind of desperate meanwhile. Even with a brand new / fresh Windows 10 (64bit Pro) install i cannot get 8.5.10 to work.
No matter if i install directly 8.5.10 from exe or i update (the always working ) 8.5.5/6 the result is always the same. It tells me there is an exception right before it completes startup.

I tried it on two different machines (both intel i7). Both with a blank/fresh installed windows 10 …
Could it have something to do with the language chosen ?

As 8.5.5 still works with my hearing aids and my noahlink wireless theres not that much pressure on me,
but i fear i will miss out future firmware updates e.g. … so any help would be very appreciated.

I had trouble updating from 8.3.2 or installing 8.5.x from its installer , as it would not install saying that another version of this program is already installed . I circumvented it by installing the SigniaConnexx.msi directly from the Fitting folder in the unzipped installer and and then manually installing programmer etc. It was impossible to install it using install.exe
connexx

Has anybody experience with using Connexx inside a virtual machine? Could it be there is something
so special it insists on real hardware?
As i am using Apple Hardware i always until now used virtualbox to run my Windows10. And until now (at least until Connexx 8.5.6) that never was a problem. Even not on accessing the noahlink wireless unit. Even
firmware updates worked like a charm.
Of course i wouldn’t like to buy a special dedicated hardware/machine just for programming my hearing aids. And even then with the chance this hadn’t anything to do with it and still won’t work.

Maybe look at the windows crash logs.

Click Search/Settings-Cortana
Type in “event”
Click Event Viewer

As noted above, I was having problem upgrading from 8.5.6 to 8.5.10 using Update Manager but 8.5.10 installed perfectly from the Cx8510s8510.exe file.

Any chance you need to update the virtual machine code?

I did some testing;
Connexx8.5.10 hung up on extracting the Zip files. What??
Cx855s856 worked okay and then the Updater took it to 8.5.10
and then Connexx8.5.10 zip extraction started working again??

I will add Cx855s856 to the downloads to provide more options.

I have no experience with Connexx inside a virtual machine on Apple hardware???

I’ve done so now and it seems it somehow really points to the virtual machine (even though i am running the very latest version from virtualbox.org).
The crash seems to hit “GetCpuProcessorId” … which of course could lead to non standard reply inside a VM.

Just found it. Thanks a lot.