Anybody compared the different hearing aid manufacturers apps?

I’m curious if anybody has compared the different manufacturers apps that serve as a remote for their hearing aids. A Google search is tough as it wants to include apps that simulate hearing aids! I’m impressed with my app for KS7. It’s the same as Rexton and Signia from what I can tell, although there is a distinctly named app for Siemens/Signia although I couldn’t tell what the difference was (perhaps Tinnitus function?) I asked my fitter about this and she said all of the ones they carry at Costco have decent apps except for Bernafon. There seems to be a great deal of potential (both positive and negative) for these apps. It doesn’t seem like much of a stretch to include an equalizer. Before I digress further, anybody compared the different smart phone apps? Sounds like they’ve come a long ways in a few years.

Ive not tried any others ut my short trial with Starkey Halo 2 made for iphone trulink app frequently crashed and locked up my iphone 6s plus also it would randomly auto switch to a program at maximum volume and it would frequently lose control/bluetooth with one ear or the other. Once i removed the app from my phone and just controled it with apples controlls deep in the accessability menue it was more stable,

I’ve used the Bernafon and Oticon apps. I find with the made for iPhone, the built in iPhone app is easiest to use via a triple clip of the home button. The Oticon app has the ability to create “recipes” to connect to Internet connected devices, but I don’t need my hearing aids to make my toast.

I downloaded a few of them in order to preview each one before making a decision.

I’m interested in this, too. My first aids were ReSound and I liked them…I finally replaced them with Phonak, and I haven’t liked them as well…doesn’t seem to me like they work as well as the ReSound did. I’m thinking about replacing them and I stopped by the hearing aid center at Costco the last time I was there and picked up info on Kirkland, ReSound and Rexton. All of them say they can link to a smart phone (Android here) and that’s what I’d like. Does anyone have comparative information about these? How well they work with the phone? Recommendations? The brochures don’t really do that much.

I can only say I messed with all of the apps in the demo mode only.
ended up with the ReSound LiNX² since I liked their app best and the reviews were good on the aids.
The app works well but the devices tend to get a bit “confused” on a rare occasion when there is a lot
of things going on. Such as if I am connected to to iphone and then get in the car where the cars Bluetooth connects to the phone. Usually no problem, but a few times I lost connection to one HA until I got out of the car, or reset
the aid by turning it off and then back on.
Overall the app does work well under normal conditions and I like the bass/treble control and individual volumes for each ear. The sound enhancer offers some nice features for reducing wind and other noise issues.

— Updated —

I can only say I messed with all of the apps in the demo mode only.
ended up with the ReSound LiNX² since I liked their app best and the reviews were good on the aids.
The app works well but the devices tend to get a bit “confused” on a rare occasion when there is a lot
of things going on. Such as if I am connected to to iphone and then get in the car where the cars Bluetooth connects to the phone. Usually no problem, but a few times I lost connection to one HA until I got out of the car, or reset
the aid by turning it off and then back on.
Overall the app does work well under normal conditions and I like the bass/treble control and individual volumes for each ear. The sound enhancer offers some nice features for reducing wind and other noise issues.

From what I looked at, I agree the Resound app seemed to be the nicest (nicely layed out and offered the most control over the aids) I hope there is a trend to offer more user control via a remote.

90%+ I operate with stock setting. When I am in a bad situation, the improvement I can typically produce is marginal but sometimes helps a bit. My hearing really sucks. What helped were numerous session with a very good audiologist. That is why the #1 program stays selected/unchanged for the bulk of my listening. Put me in a loud situation and I do use the noise program.

I have to say for me the IoT feature makes no sense at all. Even if I had any items (besides data processors) connected to a network why would I want my hearing aid connected also. Perhaps if I had such items I would understand the need or attraction.

Most of the time I am only using the general setting. I find the OPN ON app of very little value for most things. I use it primarily for volume control issues. Saturday we went to a high school musical production. The sound system was initially unbalanced and leaning heavily towards the highs. It was so uncomfortable that adjusting the volume didn’t get what I needed and I hit the mute button which helped for a while. I think eventually someone adjusted the sound board and I went back to my general setting. It would be helpful to have an equalizer function for those events. I have an audiologist appointment next week and I have many issues to address.

I’ve had my Kirkland KS7.0 and the Smart Connect gizmo for only a few days, but the Smart Connect app. (for Android) seems to work OK – except on one occasion when I had to reboot the phone before the app. would connect. But I have no way of comparing it to other brands.

One thing you can do is simply download the apps and try them. I messed around with both the Siemens and the Rexton/Costco apps before I bought anything (and thus discovered they’re identical). There’s definitely not much good documentation on these, that’s for sure.