Any News on Phonak Naida Paradise & Oticon Xceed Replacement or New Platform?

Not sure when we will be expecting a new Phonak Naida & Oticon Xceed hearing aids for severe to profound hearing loss?
Anyone has any information?
Thx

1 Like

I had already started similar topic last year. Oticon More Power BTE version availability - #86 by hearing-love_loss

Judging that there is 6 month interval between new Oticon releases and Oticon Own was launched in August 2022, we can assume no earlier than March 2023.

1 Like

The Naida Paradise didn’t come out that long ago – Spring '21 ??. My best guess would be something like a year. Maybe if the Lumity change is as minor (HW-wise) as has been conjectured, then sooner. Roll your dice and tell me what they say, my crystal ball has gone dark lately.

WH

2 Likes

Well, I was thinking in saving some cash and getting a new pair for my brother, as he only has a Naida Paradise UP at the moment, and I am concerned if something happens to those aids and he doesn’t have any backups, he will struggle.
Hence my post above.
TBH, I really don’t know if I should stick with Naida or get an Xceed on a new platform.
Hopefully, an industry insider would be kind enough to shed some light on an upcoming HA for severe to profound hearing loss, either from Phonak, Oticon or any other manufacturer.

The hard truth is that you are not the priority for hearing aid platform upgrade… they follow a 4-6 year cycle for that. the market forces are pushing you in the direction of a CI which has the upgrade cycle of 5 years…

there is a lost and damage warranty/insurance on the hearing aid , you pay like $250 deducible for a replacement …

Costco brio 5 is a Phonak naida equivalent….

WH

2 Likes

Hi @Baltazard, There is a chance it may be next year for the new Naida…? Nadia V was 2017 I believe, Nadia Belong 2018? Nadia Marvel SP 2020, Nadia Paradise UP February 2021… If I hear from my A.uD, I will let you know, they usually go on training a month before the release date, I will ask… Planning a new set myself, if and when they are available. Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

@kevels55 Many Thanks, that would be smashing.
Thx

1 Like

Why don’y you try out new Starkey evolv AI Power Plus BTE 13 2400 which was released in 2022? It can be fit to compensate 120db loss.

I own this and the battery lasts at least 7 days.

Size 13 batteries and only slightly less powerful in the lows than a Xceed UP or Naida P UP.

Wonder if all powerful Aids will go to size 13 batteries?

@hearing-love_loss Not powerful enough.

2 Likes

Hopefully not Ruth, I like the bigger 675 battery, and the longevity of it… :grin: @hearing-love_loss To be honest, hell might freeze over, for long term Naida users to change manufacturers, it is what they are used too, the sound they like, and nowadays, combine this with the connectivity… They are creatures of habit whom might alternate between Phonak or Oticon, because they will most probably have used various Oticon aids in the past… For most they would baulk at the idea of swapping to Starkey, it is very much a niche market with around 5% of the total hearing aid users worldwide, but it would have to be more powerful, for most to even consider it… Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

In my case I have a Roger Select that only works with Phonak, so it has moved from Naida Marvel to Paradise. I too like the 675 batterry and get almost two weeks with lots of streaming.

3 Likes

I have the P70-UP aids and waiting for the Xceed replacements. Starkey power plus aids use the 13 battery. I prefer the 675 battery because more gain is needed and last 5 or 6 days longer than the 13 size battery.
Hopefully Phonak downsize the P-UP power aids to the size of the V90-SP aids which l still have, however it won’t accept the larger double receiver and the 675 battery.

1 Like

I should say I like 675 batteries as well, as I get 3/4 days with size 13 at the moment @kevels55

1 Like

Think that might be hard as 675 batteries are quite large.

1 Like

Phonak should be able to make the logicboard smaller and put two size 13 batteries in there.

Quite happy to have larger aids, makes no odds to me, everybody who knows me, knows I am deaf, and those who do not, and don’t notice my aids, I will immediately tell them or point to them… These Naida P90’s are by far the best aids I have ever owned, the blurb when I got them in February 2021, said 14% smaller, than previous iterations of Naida UP’s, although that aspect didn’t appeal to me in the slightest… Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like