Another aid. Very frustrated and nearing my limit trialing

I read a review here on this forum that changed my life. I wish I knew who wrote it!

It’s a Book.

HEAR & BEYOND
Live Skillfully with Hearing Loss

Shari Eberts
Gael Hannan

They are both heard of hearing.
There are so many hints!
There are so many links!
One even has cochlear implant.

It took so much worry away for me. It explained how to do things, and tells if they’re stressful–then how to minimize the stress.

I’m 77. I’ve worn hearing aids for over 20 years. Yet buying my last hearing aids was one of the most strssful things in my life. And I’ve had lots of stress.

DaveL
Toronto

Related to this … years ago, I had a pair of aids where the RIGHT one failed slowly over the year. I didn’t even realize it till I went in for my annual hearing test. That’s when it was discovered my right aid wasn’t even working to full capacity (battery-powered aid, so failure may be less apparent than rechargeable aid).

During the 6 months or so when that aid was failing, my word comprehension score fell from upper 70% to mid 50%. So believe me, having BOTH ears hear stereophonically is optimal. I’d do whatever I could to achieve that. It’s important to test both ears and both aids.

You are wise to have dementia in the back of your mind, cuz one step leads to the other. TOTAL, stereophonic comprehension and hearing is the key!

2 Likes