Annoyed at NHS (UK) for cancelling my appointments

Thank you will do zebras looking forward to finally getting everything sorted out

1 Like

This post is a year old

Does that matter?!

This post is still valid!!

1 Like

Considering the situation as it was a year ago compared to what it is now and why he was refused service a year ago… yeah kind of

I was not refused service this topic is not outdated as i have recently found out the place i was suppose to go to was being used as a COVID testing centre which is why they where not doing face to face appointments and at the time i did not know that and until i have had my appointment i think it is still ok for me to update this topic

I guess you have no idea how services have been disturbed whiles Covid-19 has been happening then!!

I do understand that the picture is probably mixed with regard to NHS hearing aid provision across the country, but I can report that despite covid I had a fitting for new hearing aids in January and then a couple of follow up appointments. I received an Oticon Dynamo (superpower) model and it’s a pretty good aid.

So - a good news story in my area - Cambridgeshire.

My wife worked everyday in the past year jeopardizing her health so that could lead a more normal life. And at the beginning of this mess there were no safety features in place or masks mandates. Don’t tell me I don’t remember what the last year was like. But I have a problem with someone who complains that they were inconvenienced because a business was shut down

1 Like

I was not really complaining i just needed to vent my frustration because at the time i was not told they where being used as a COVID testing centre and it was more at the point that i did not feel i was being informed correctly of reasons why they weren’t doing appointments i wasn’t even offered a telephone appointment like i with other services i recieved i was told that they would be by telephone i am not asking for anyone to put themselves at risk and am fully aware of the situation i just would of liked a bit of common courtesy of being told at the time that the centre had been taken over as a COVID testing centre and not just told my appointment had been cancelled without any reason surely you can understand my frustration at not being kept informed as to why my appointment was cancelled it was nothing to do with being inconvenienced by the place being shut down that is all i have to say

I’m not going to get in to this debate but the UK differs massively to where you are in the UK!

1 Like

Nobody is arguing that. But businesses have the right to protect themselves and their employees as do individuals. And if their actions causes others to be inconvenienced that unfortunate but sometimes necessary. A year ago we were all trying to not die. Many with hearing loss were inconvenienced but most didn’t get mad and complain. . They dealt with it as best they could. But it is time to move on. I hope everyone is healthy

1 Like